If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
barskin
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook and Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

App Installation Problem: Error id: 30220

I have had some off and on app world problems. Yesterday, I installed App World 3, and at first, there was no problem. Today, I was not able to use my Screen Shot app (it would say neither my device or my media card files were available and told me to make sure I was disconnected from my computer; I was). I uninstalled the app, then tried to reinstall it. First when I tried to reinstall it, it prompted me to enter my app world password (unusual for a reinstall of a paid for app), then after I entered the password it went back to the app page then flashed the notice: Purchase service error, Error id: 30220). This appeared for another app attempt. I tried to buy a new app just as an experiment, and everything went through, then it went to white screen and the tiny words "app fail. (or something like that, I am not sure)" Does anyone know what is going on? My device is less than 3 weeks old and has a lot of unusual issues.

Please use plain text.
Stromberg73
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMN

Re: App Installation Problem: Error id: 30220

Hi, I have a Bold 9700, and after the app world 3 installation, I had the same problems (2 Installed apps: BeBuzz and Memory Booster - Ram optimizer, appear in My World as uninstalled, and when I choose reinstall, it appears: "Purchase service error. (Error Id: 30220)".

Please use plain text.
anazhd
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Maxis

Open Blackberry App World ( 3.0 for sure ) on your mobile, go to My World, then hold ALT and press R S T ( one by one ) . Your App World will freeze for a few seconds, and it will automatically exit. Open back you App World, and try re-install the apps that you want to install.

Tested and working on 3 mobiles.
Please use plain text.
AdgeTimick
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

the ALT + R S T method didn't work on my Bold 9700.  I just switched to a Torch 9810, and it doesn't work on this phone either.  It resets the cache and reloads the application list, but I still get the same error.  Even deleting App World, resetting phone, doing battery pull, removing memory card, reinstalling app world, etc. doesn't work.  Deleting the App World service book on my Bold 9700 didn't work and I don't know which service book is App World's on my Torch 9810.  This is frustrating, especially considering these are apps I paid for.  RIM needs to address this.

Please use plain text.
geo108
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Make that tested and working on FOUR devices!  Thanks SO much!  Tried many things, did a lot of searching, and this worked perfectly!

Please use plain text.
anazhd

wipe your device. re-install bb os. maybe something is wrong with your os after upgrade to bb appworld 3.
Please use plain text.
anazhd

glad with it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

I have similar problem: Purchase service error 30220.

My app was deleted for test purposes but after deletion there was no reinstall button in App World. App World offered me a button to buy the app again. But when I click on it, it just throwed 30220.

SOLVED: ALT + RST (in my case and in case of customer's problem)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jamesbondOO7
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: orange.fr

Worked perfectly thank you.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...

Alt+RSTRST also is not working. The application (previously paid for) is no longer listed in my list of 'uninstalled'.  I was willing to pay for it again just to have it back, but attempting to purchase gives the 30220 error.

I also tried complete app world uninstall, mem card removal (per the KB article for a different issue...) with no luck. Frustrating to see that there's no actual fix for this, for at least some people.

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.