Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
dodgeboard
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9750
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: App Installation Problem: Error id: 30220

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem as well with a Tapatalk forum reader app that I purchased. Tried the ALT + RST with no luck. First and last app I will ever buy from app world.  As mentioned by others, the app no longer shows up in the installed or uninstalled apps.  I HATE this blackberry.  I want my iPhone back!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jirizarry
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Same here, changed from a 9800 to a 9810, among apps I need to reinstall are tapatalk and invoice manager, they won't show up in my unistalled list, then serching for them is the buy or download but with a price on them as if I haven't bought then already. If I try to buy them again get the error 30220. I tried the reset thing several time with no luck. PLEASE FIX THIS MESS. It is frustraiting.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coolhandsgirl
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telus

Ditto with having the same purchase service error # 30220. Tried that ALT + RST thing with no luck, tried re-installing App World with no luck. Updated my OS with no luck. Dreading that my next step is a full wipe and it still may not help.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get this fixed or escalate it to RIM?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dodgeboard

I was able to overcome the error and install the app by logging into MyApp World on my PC and installing the app through the PC.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coolhandsgirl

Sigh, I'd thought of that too.:No: Whenever I try and purchase my app through my PC I'll click on the link to repurchase and then get an "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" page. Any other thoughts anyone or know how I can escalate this to RIM?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dodgeboard

I had the same issues at first using Firefox browser, then switched back to (cough cough) Internet Explorer and it worked. Be sure and sign into Blackberry App World with the same user ID you used to purchase the app originally, and you should not have to pay for it again.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coolhandsgirl

Still no go - using IE I get the server error page and get no where in app world when attempting to purchase. Can't even see it as a re-install.

With app world on my phone I still just get the purchase service error 30220 whenever attempting to re-install my app. Soooo frustrating - dreading a wipe which is all my provider can suggest at this point too.

And can't seem to get anywhere with finding support from RIM - no records seem to exist for this error in any documentation or knowledge base.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coolhandsgirl

Update: tired doing a full wipe on my phone and was still getting the 30220 error when trying to re-install my app. Finally called RIM to start some incident based support and got escalated with this error up a few levels of support folks. Ultimately it boiled down to an error they don't have a resolution for - so now RIM's developers have my error logs and screen shots and intend to work on including a resolution in the next version of App World. Strangely, I feel better knowing it wasn't me going crazy! :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jirizarry
My Device: Bold 9700

I manged yesterday to install InvoceManager via IE but not Tapatalk, strage thing is on IE (Internet Explorer) I see only my phone apps and on the phone on unistalled MyWorld section I see all my phone and playbook apps, so definetly it must be an AppWorld App mess on the version for phones.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...

Going through the web browser corrected it for me. Glad to hear from the person above who took the time to escalate this within RIM support.

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.