Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
curriertech
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: App Installation Problem: Error id: 30220

+1.  I've been waiting for months for patternlock to be available for OS7 and now that it is, I can't install it.  ALT RST (or 34( on a touchscreen) clears my cache but after repopulating it's still not working.  I've removed and reinstalled AppWorld too.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yhnhny
My Device: RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800

ME TOO. I also contacted BlackBerryHelp on twitter but they don't have a solution for me yet...
黑莓
Please use plain text.
Developer
willrobertson
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook 64GB, Dev Alpha

I've passed on the details of this bug, how to reproduce, and my device logs to RIM's App World beta team. They said they think the next update will solve the problem. Let's hope that is the case!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yhnhny

The new AppWorld 3.0.2.7 did not resolve the error. Still having the same problem when purchasing PatternLock.
黑莓
Please use plain text.
Contributor
curriertech

I got app world support to refund my original purchase and then was able to purchase and install it again. Finally have patternlock back. I can't believe blackberry doesn't include even the most basic screen lock options other than the physical button. I pocket dialed 3 times in the first week I had this 9860.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yhnhny

Thanks for the reply. May I know how to contact app world support? Didn't find any information on the phone or on RIM's website regarding App World support. I've emailed the developer (Tafala) though...
黑莓
Please use plain text.
Contributor
curriertech

It was in an obscure place on the blackberry website and it took me a while to find. I will look for it when I get to my computer later and post the page URL here.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yhnhny

https://www.blackberry.com/technicalsupport/index.do?ft=generic I think I will use this form to contact them as an Exception Case! Thanks again!
黑莓
Please use plain text.
Contributor
curriertech

Hah, i was just about to post that link - that's the one I used.  They got back to me pretty quickly.  Just be clear that a) Tafasa says this is an App World problem b) that this has resolved this exact issue for at least two other people and c) that Tafasa confirms that your OS and device are supported and you'll waste minimal time going back and forth with them.  Once I covered those key points they refunded my purchase immediately and 5 minutes later I had Patternlock installed again. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lou1960
My Device: 9650 Bold

Wow - the ALT - R S T worked perfectly for me.  Srtill don't know what the "Purchase Service Error 30220" is - maybe they are blocking you from re-purchasing an already-purchased app?

Thanks for the advice!

(BTW - I have a Bold 9930, just purchased).

Please use plain text.