Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Agbugba1
My Device: O2 Bold 5

App Purchase

I made an online purchase of an app - Pronunciation Pro and the cost was successfully debited to my account. In the ensuing agreement, I mistakenly declined from agreeing to the terms. Till now, I still can't access the app, although I have paid. I need to install the app or get the transaction reversed.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: App Purchase

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache.

• KB24714 How to clear cache for BlackBerry World on BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Agbugba1

Thanks for this response!

However, I have tried clearing the BB World cache as advised, using the options available, without success. I use Bold 5.

Can I get further guidance as to how to go about this?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Without success??? As in, the cache did not clear (things did not go exactly as the KB documents)? Or the cache cleared, but it did not change your situation?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Agbugba1

The cache did not clear!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Hmmm...I'm wondering how you know that...and also wondering which method you are attempting. I don't know what a "Bold 5" is, and you've not revealed your OS level nor your AppWorld version...since the KB is divided up by these things, I'm rather challenged to tell you what to do next, or even if what you are interpreting is accurate. Can you fill in the details please?

• Article ID: KB23393 How to check the model number and version of the operating system on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • Article ID: KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on the BlackBerry smartphone

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Agbugba1

Sorry I'm not as tech-savvy. My Bold 5 is 9900 model, which is not particulary enlisted in the instructions on how to clear the cache. So I launch BB AppWorld and try to type a prescibed command, which is 34(34( . This command serves as if I was searching for an App other than a command to clear. There is something that I have not gotten right.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Correct...that is not the reaction you need in order to achieve success. But, you only revealed one of the details I requested, so I remain shooting in the dark here...oh well.

I do not know what leads you to choose that command string over others listed in the KB. But, in any event, since that one does not work correctly, why not try some of the others? You must achieve the reaction documented in the KB...otherwise, the attempt is not valid, and you can expect nothing to change regarding your situation.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.