Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Developer
mlamagra
My Device: Not Specified

App World 2.0: The worst app I have ever seen -- Unusable

App World 2.0 on an 8330 with 4.5....

utterly useless.

1. Try to create BlackBerry ID, it locks up until you reset the phone.  Had to create using computer.

2. Try to log into App World, takes forever and then says can't contact server, blames it on network connections, which are perfectly fine -- everything else works.

3. A couple of times it did log in.  Purchased an app, but download failed with a useless error message, then app didn't even show as purchased even though account was deducted.

4. Had to keep messing with it to get it to show what I just purchased to try installing again.  Had to log out, log back in, refresh list, reset phone, log back in, refresh list, before it showed anything.

5. It does not show any of the purchases made with previous versions of App World.  Despite being logged in with the same Paypal address, and the billing set to Paypal with the same old address, App World 2.0 does not show any purchases except what was purchased in 2.0, so nothing purchased yesterday can be updated or re-installed.

6. After logging out and in yet again to try to see my apps, I now cannot log in at all.  Wasted hours on it -- App World keeps hanging, crashing or resetting the phone over the simplest things.

There is no way they tested this on the 8330 with 4.5 before releasing it -- It Doesn't Work!

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: App World 2.0: The worst app I have ever seen -- Unusable

What version of 4.5 are you running?  Look in Options >About on the 3rd line down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!