Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

App World 3.0 Update (Comments)

I don't see a thread for this yet, the update just became available.  Here's a thread for comments on the 3.0 update.

Things I've noticed (on Bold 9650):

1. Font size in descriptions is slightly too large, cutting off the last letter of lines,

2. Clicking on the developer's name does nothing,

3. Searching on a developer only shows 25 apps, but these are not the developer's top 25 apps; they seem to be random?  This is hardly fair to developers, if we attract interest with something and customers want to see what else we have they should be able to see everything,

4. To scroll down reviews it was necessary to click, but that wasn't obvious at first,

5. It's laggy enough on the 9650 to be quite frustrating, mainly during and after loading more apps to list.  App World 1.0 was really slow and 2.0 was much better, this seems like halfway between,

6. What does "Top Rated" mean?  It's not by rating, there are low-rated apps there.

Thanks for the update.  Just a few problems, the main request I have are:

#1  Show all of a developer's apps when they click on developer name,

#2  Show more than top 25 paid, free, etc.  Something like Apple does with being able to select "More..." ad infinitum, 25 more at a time, would be nice.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App World 3.0 Update (Comments)

All very good comments and questions.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
miss-kerri
My Device: Style 9670

Unfortunately after I applied the update I can no longer login to App World. Keep getting an error message about not being able to connect to the server. Nothing wrong with my connections, old version worked fine for me last night. I've rebooted, cleared my cache, uninstalled/reinstalled, etc, etc a million times and nothing helps. Lovely upgrade I've experienced.......
"I haz much dorkiness."
OS v6.0.0.522
New Contributor
AshNN
My Device: Bold 9780

Can someone please help me downgrade from the appworld 3.0? I simply cannot get used to it. The older version was so much better!
Developer
silver20

When you go into a category, such as Apps, why does it show "Apps" under every title instead of the vendor name?  Just put where we are at the top, and it's good to know who's the publisher without having to click on each one.

I'm also finding it more difficult to use with a trackpad than 2.x.  The trackpad already has the problem of often moving the focus when all you're trying to do is click, and I keep clicking on the wrong thing.

At least half the screen isn't covered with ads like Android Market.

New Contributor
mark1one
My Device: Storm2

The update is appalling, Slow and very frustrating.

Slow because it won't scroll smoothly. It just lurches from screen to screen and frustrating as when you go to a category that doesn't highlight so your not sure if it's working or without the screen sliding sideways to another list, you get the first 25 apps listed. When you get to the 25th app it then loads 25 more but takes you back to the first in the list. with over 100 apps in the Maps and navigation it take ages to scroll down to the end of the list.

Bring back the old one    :No:

Developer
silver20

Clicking More at the end of the list is the only good way to do it, anything else is just a pain.  The other weird thing is that it makes it look like there are only, say, 25 items total.  Then after a while it loads more and it shows 50 total, then 100, etc.  But the user may already have said, "Oh, that's all there is, what a lame category" and have already left.

New Contributor
prezriw
My Device: Bold 9700

I cannot restore my archived items, and cannot archive new apps. Was this removed in App World 3? One thing that stayed, and many a user have a problem with is that you cannot delete the "deleted apps" in your list, so you have a "trashcan" with 1000's of deleted apps, and no way to get rid of it.,