Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
jefftung
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: CSL 1010

Re: App World 3.1.4.25 Launch problems

I expereince the same problem, and have gone through exactly the same "deleted, battery pull, reinstall, battery pulls all over the place...." for many times these few days. I also tried to re-install the previous versions, but after trying it for awhile, it stopped launching like the new version. VERY frustrated! 

Can any one from RIM can address this or give us a reply on this?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Everyone...please understand the purpose of this forum. This site IS NOT a channel for ANY formal support from RIM whatsoever. This site is a user-to-user community. Responses from RIM, while they do happen from time to time, should never be expected here as that is contradictory to the stated intent of this site.

ALL formal support from RIM (well, for free at least) comes to you solely via escalation from your mobile service provider. As per your contract with them, your mobile service provider is responsible for 100% of your front-line formal support for EVERYTHING (save for 3rd party apps, naturally), regardless of if the root cause is with them or at RIM...they have the power to escalate cases into RIM that they cannot resolve.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
shilditch
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Uninstalling from the home screen didn't work, but uninstalling from the Application list and then re-installing appears to have worked so far.

Please use plain text.
samu3n
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: -

my 9780 have same problem...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
harryb
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Orange

It amazes me that blackberry haven't fixed this issue. Even after multiple deletion/reinstall attempts I still get this problem.

It's a shame RIM don't monitor these forums. The network operators have *no* interest in reporting problems of this nature. They want to spend as little as possible on customer support, and this for them is an unecessary additional cost to try to resolve.

To be honest that's RIMs key flaw - failure to listen and do something

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

harryb wrote:

It's a shame RIM don't monitor these forums. The network operators have *no* interest in reporting problems of this nature. They want to spend as little as possible on customer support, and this for them is an unecessary additional cost to try to resolve.

Hello,

do you realize what you are writing?

Who gets your money every month ? RIM or Orange?

If you bring up the contract you signed with Orange, it is explicitely written that Orange is in charge of all your issues with BlackBerry technology, including the AppWorld.

If the Orange helpdesk is not willing to help you, then demand that they help you. Are you not the paying customer?

Be assured that, in case the helpdesk person is not knowledgeable enough to solve you issue themselves, they are able to contact the Level2 support at RIM, at no charge for you (Orange is a RIM customer after all).

harryb wrote:

To be honest that's RIMs key flaw - failure to listen and do something

You are right on one thing, there is a flaw here in the AppWorld. What is the version of AppWorld that you have installed ?

check this article from the public knowledge base, it may help you:

KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.