Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
carlosquirogaquiroga
My Device: Smartphone BB 8520 v5.0.0
My Carrier: Comcel
Accepted Solution

App World 8520 version issue

I'm installed the 1.1.0 version of App World on my device 8520 v5.0.0 but it doesn't display the icon to use it. I'm see in the next link http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/Supported-versions-of-BlackB... that this configuation is not supported yet, does any know how to resolve the issue without downgrade the device software.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App World 8520 version issue

If you can't find your icon...

1. On your homescreen, press the Menu key > SHOW ALL, so that SHOW ALL is checked.
2. Look in EACH folder on your device... Applications, Instant Messengers, Downloads, etc.
If you still don't see it, look at Options > Advanced > Applications. Do you see it listed there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carlosquirogaquiroga

Hi

1. Did it. But still doesn't see it

2. My device has some differences, the Options > Advanced > doesn't have Applications option. I'm have Applications option, and when select Complement i find the 1.1.0.33 version.

But it help me, becuase it was twice, i'm uninstall both, restart the device, reinstall the App World, and then the icon appears

Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

carlosquirogaquiroga wrote:
But it help me, becuase it was twice, i'm uninstall both, restart the device, reinstall the App World, and then the icon appear

So, if someone helps you, show thaks by giving kudos to them, click on the white start next to the person's name.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rcorai
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: ???

Hi,

I already did it but the problem persists.

Anyone could help me?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carlosquirogaquiroga

You deinstall all the BlackBerry App World, appereances on aplications, complement, list? and restarted the device?
Then install App World.
Wich are the versions of device firmware and App World?

Thanks

Carlos

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rcorai
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: ???

Hi,

Problem solved on one of my phones. I reinstalled app world 8 times and in one of these installations it worked. But my wife´s phone has the same problem. I will try to install it again and again to see what happen.

Best regards,

Please use plain text.
moggykatz
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

:smileysad:

Hello, pls can someone help ... I have tried everything to get Blackberry App World on my 8520 Curve. I tried downloading it from the website with my mobile attached to my phone, I've tried updating the software from Desktop Manager, I even tried my service provider who gave me ann URL which gave me the same error.  I really need to solve this problem.  Error Message "Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World".  When I try to update the software I just get FATAL ERROR has occured.  Help please help:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

moggykatz wrote:

:smileysad:

Hello, pls can someone help ... I have tried everything to get Blackberry App World on my 8520 Curve. I tried downloading it from the website with my mobile attached to my phone, I've tried updating the software from Desktop Manager, I even tried my service provider who gave me ann URL which gave me the same error.  I really need to solve this problem.  Error Message "Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World".  When I try to update the software I just get FATAL ERROR has occured.  Help please help:smileysad:

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please check this page to ensure you meet the minimum requirements (including if it is available in your country):

If it is available in your country and you feel you meet the device-level system requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure that you meet the service plan (from them) requirements for access (via their network) to AppWorld.

Lastly, do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carlosquirogaquiroga

Review the firmware or the device, my version is v5.0.0.592 (platform 5.2.0.64), and remeber be sure to deinstall all aparences of app world on complement applications list.

Please use plain text.