Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
wangster
My Device: Not Specified

App World Error (10800)

[ Edited ]

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Blackberry Model: Storm 9530

Blackberry OS: v4.7.0.114 (Platform 4.0.0.136)

App World Version: 1.0.028

BB Internet: BIS (Personal)

I have been dying to get an app from the App World but I keep getting this error. Seems like some others have the same problem as well. I can download free applications and trials without any problem. When I try to purchase an application, enter the PayPal login information, it shows "Authenticating" and then "Determining something..." then to error message as shown.

Please fix this asap or if it's something I need to do, please let me know asap.

Message Edited by wangster on 04-04-2009 01:59 AM
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: App World Error (10800)

Please see this knowledge base article for more information: KB17855

According to the resolution provided:

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available. 

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wangster
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you for your reply. But the KB17855 states that this happens for BES users. As I mentioned on my original post, I am on BIS and the error message I'm getting is not listed on KB17855.

Please check again.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

I'll see if I can find a solution or at least see if I can direct additional help here.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
TheTech
My Device: BlackBerry Storm2 9550

Hi,

Have you tried logging in again? Or just the one time?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Here's a potential solution that was provided by a BlackBerrry Technical Advisor:

Go to your Options icon > Advanced Options > Service Books.  Delete any of the [IPPP] service books, and then have your service books resent from the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS).  If you are unable to access your BIS account yourself, call your carrier's BlackBerry support line as they can send them to your phone for you.  This will re-create the IPPP service books and should help.

If this doesn't work, please let us know so that I can pass the info on and they will provide any other troubleshooting steps as they have them.

I hope this works for you!

Please use plain text.