Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Ebele
My Carrier: Student

Re: App World Icon Disappeared

I followed the instructions given by JSanders, I deleted the new version App world, reboot and browse the blackberry.com/App world from my phone and download the Appworld, restart it . Yet the same 4.0.0. Version appeared for download..I was forced to download, still the icon didn't show on my screen ! Pls what's the next option ?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Yep. I know what I've posted in this thread and you haven't yet read this entire thread. Go to my post about the 13th post in this thread.

Or scroll up about 10 posts. :smileywink:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ebele
My Carrier: Student

I think its time you come up with another suggestion because from what I can see here, many are still complaining about this option you gave. It didn't work for me and didn't work for many too ! Pls help.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Did you try my suggestions in my above post  12 ?

lol, I think it's time you read ALL of this thread, rather than just part of it. i don't see anyone other than you complaining that this solution did not work.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fehae
My Carrier: Telekom

@ JSanders:

you're right, most of the problems could be solved by downgrade, but pls see the thread "uncaught exception ....", this problem is still existing and i did't found any solution - only to downgrade to version 3....!

I've tried it several times according all informations given in this forum - and there are stil a lot of users who have the same problems like myself. Even in other forums this problem is not solved yet.

...(and sorry for my teribble english, i have to work on my english and on my mobile as well :Yes:)

Please use plain text.
JSanders

fehae, if you can explain in detail all that you have done, I'd be happy to try to help.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fehae

JSanders, i tried it according your recomendations - in detail pls see your suggestions above!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fehae

By the way .... in my company we have about 3000 BB users, but the problems with bb are quite unsolved, our IT department likes the answer "pull the battery"! Because of that i try to get some more detailled answers from some users in such forums!

No to get back on my problem:
Bolt 9780
i tried it several times to delete the existing version and to install 55 - without results. no i upgraded my bundle, and the app world in version 3... was suddenly back on my mobile. No it works, but i can't upgrade it to 55 or higher! Don't know why. In the thread "uncaught exception...." some other users still have the same issue! in the official reports from RIM they only mention that this problem is known but still in progress, I'm not delighted about the time it takes. So i try to keept it with "never change a running system - never upgrade your BB".
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JWVictor
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Hi Fehae.
Did you use the link

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 JSabders posted?

What version of BB OS is running on you BB? Did you update the firmware?

Did you Uninstall App World via you Options>Device>Application Managment? Do a restart (Battry pull) and then only use the link mentioned. After istalation is finished do a nother restart (Battry pull) and it shoeld work fine.

Best of Luck
Thanks to JSanders for sorting this ou for me.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fehae

Hi JWVictor,

thanks again for all your support, i really appreciate your efforts !

Now back to your comments:

For sure i tried it acc. the recommendations, i tried to get back to the version 55, i did several restarts and so on.

After updating the firmware i suddenly had the AppsWorld V3, this version is running,.

All attempts to go with v 55 or higher are not working, always the message "uncaught exception......" like already mentioned. I really try to read all your comments regarding this issue, but even in all other threads i didn't find anything new.

At the moment i'm really disappointed with RIM, why are there so many problems? It seems to me like they introduce new upgrades wich are causing more and more problems!

Please use plain text.