Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
Shergy
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Curve

App World Installation Problem on 8900 Curve

Hi all

I have a 8900 on Orange UK with software version 4.6.1.101 and when I triy to install App World on my handset I get the following error message:

Notice.

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World.

Could anyone let me know what if Orange is supported on App World and if it is what I would need to do to get my handset up to the required system requirements in order to install App World, or will I just have to install it on my laptop and upload the App's I purchase form there.

Ideally I would like it installed on my handset as I use my Blackberry a lot more than my laptop, but any advice woudl be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

New Contributor
Nomek
My Device: Curve 8310

Re: App World Installation Problem on 8900 Curve

It seems that a lot of users on a UK carrier is getting the error "Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover ....." even though they are on a full BB plan

I've seen posts from Vodafone, Orange and T-Mobile users that all say the same thing, plus it happens on different handsets, storm, curve etc. As far as I can tell the problem is at RIM's end, and I am guessing they will be working on it ASAP

Contributor
Shergy
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Curve

Cheers mate, suppose I'll just watch the forums for more info...
New Contributor
Nomek

Vodafone have made an official post on their forums, that might be worth keeping an eye on http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22007 :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
moffettman
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same issue. I have an 8310 on AT&T running version 4.5 and it says my phone is not supported. It should be, based on the requirements.

Let me know if you have any luck. 

Contributor
tdf8
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Re: App World Installation Problem on 8900 Curve

I'm with Orange using a 8900 and I'm getting the same message. Phoned Orange & as soon as I told them what BB I had they knew my problem! They say the problem affects all 8900 & 9000 BB's on all networks in UK & they're talking to BB about it. If you phone 150 to tell them, then they will phone back when problem solved.
New Contributor
Nomek

Re: Re: App World Installation Problem on 8900 Curve

tdf8, its not just those handsets. Mine is an 8310 and I am having the same error. It spread across all UK carriers and all handsets
New Contributor
teldon
My Device: 8900

hi all

apps store on orange uk should now work.  see link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f75/bb-app-world-orange-195953/index2.html

need to clear cache and cookies and allow java pop ups in browser config. downloading it as i type. very excited. i will update you if anything changes. have fun