Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
cbreving
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

App World - My World - Can't login after getting New phone & service provider

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I recently switched from AT&T on the Curve 8110 to T-Mobile on the Curve 8900.

I had paid and downloaded quite a few apps through Apps World on my previous phone.

When I try to login on my new phone to My World, after entering my PayPal info, I get this error:

"Unable to authenticate user at this time.  Please try again later."

This means I can't get my old apps, but I also can't buy any new apps that I want.

Does anyone have a solution?  Is there a remnant from my account with AT&T somewhere in the system that needs to be cleared?

Thank you.

Message Edited by cbreving on 09-03-2009 08:21 PM
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: App World - My World - Can't login after getting New phone & service provider

HI there!

There have been some issues with the AppWorld services lately...most are reported to be cleared up. Please try again. Also, please try removing and re-installing AppWorld...some have reported that to be helpful. In addition...RIM has released AppWorld version 1.1.0.15...it is highly recommended to be on that version.

Also please try a hard reset: With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB (Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications) -- if it requests that you reboot the BB, do so.

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot as described above.

3) Get a new link and install a fresh copy of AppWorld

• Again, if it requests to reboot, do so.

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Hopefully something there will work...if not, we have one more thing to try. Let us know!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cbreving

Re: App World - My World - Can't login after getting New phone & service provider

Thank you for the response, sdgardn.

However, none of that worked.  I had tried similar things previously with no success.  I retried, following your exact steps, and still get the same error.

Any other ideas?

-Carl

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hmmm...well, the only other thing I can think of is to submit to the internal-RIM queue:

Your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection.

Hopefully that will work. If, though, you receive a response back about your PIN being invalid, do post back here as there is a separate resolution path for that.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cbreving

I figured out the issue was with an expired credit card on record with PayPal.

As soon as I updated that with PayPal everything loaded into My World.

Please use plain text.