Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
cvgkmamacang
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Globe

App World Plug-in Error

I am getting this error when I try to use remote desktop and download apps using the PC to my Blackberry 9320 "An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again." I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the plug-in but to no avail. I have another blackberry which is 9300 and it works with it perfectly. On my 9320, I was able to use it for a few hours and then i switched devices to 9300. After doing so, when I switched back again, it did not work. Is there anything wrong with my device? Please help. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: App World Plug-in Error

[ Edited ]

Hi cvgkmamacang,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Can you please verify that content protection is disabled on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 9320 smartphone before retrying the download. This KB article provides the steps. "How to change the setting for Content Protection on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/O5DQn7

Could you also please try to download the applications when connected directly to the computer and not using Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop is currently unsupported.

If this does not resolve the error, please have a look at the following KB article for more information. "AppWorld Web Plug-in Error appears when attempting to install applications from a computer" http://bbry.lv/KoUpez

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cvgkmamacang
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Globe

Hi,

I was directly connected via a usb cable to my PC. That was when the error occured. It's also telling me on the site that I need to plug in my device as it is not detected.

Please use plain text.
BKGIZ
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Having the same issues after downloading the latest 6.0 bundel and plug-in, I am using USB and used to have no problem.  http://bbry.lv/KoUpez tells me that there is no fix, is this still the situation.  I have checked the content protection but did not need to change it as no excryption was enabled.  Both the computer and phone were rebooted.

If there is no fix, is there a way to restore to an earlier bundle and plug-in?

Please use plain text.