Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
FightinTXAggie
My Device: Not Specified

App World Purchase Problem

I have been having a problem with an app that I purchased through App World, and have been unable to find a solution anywhere. I bought an app, and got an error saying Purchase Could Not Be Completed. I tried to redo it, but it said I already purchased the app. I cannot download it from App World. It was listed in My World, but it had a message saying Purchase Error. I was then charged for the app that I cannot download. I updated App World to .27 when it came out, and the app I got charged for was no longer listed in My World.

I sent an email to appworldbillinginfo@blackberry.com but never heard anything back. I was pointed to a page on the Blackberry website with a form to send them an email, and it asked for my Blackberry PIN. I entered it, then I got an error saying Invalid PIN. Seems like no matter what I try, I just run into more problems.

Where should I go from here? At first all I wanted was the app that I paid for, but now it has got me so frustrated I just want my money back. Who do I try to contact? Is there a direct email address I can get to send an email to RIM instead of dealing with all of these forms that I just get another error from?

Thanks 

New Contributor
indyirish
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: App World Purchase Problem

Not sure I've got the solution to your problem, but just wanted to let you know that you've got company. I had the same thing happen as well. I think the most infuriating thing is the e-mail form that says we're using an invalid PINs. What kind of technology are we dealing with?

I encountered my initial problem while using version .26. I attempted to reinstall App World, version .27 was available at that point, and then the purchased app never reappeared in the My World menu option. Free apps that I have downloaded still show up just fine, however. I sent an e-mail to storefrontmanager@rim.com and I was told a new AW client is coming that will remedy the 'Purchased but Missing' applications in My World. Yesterday, I upgraded to version .28 and still had no luck. I suppose I have enough patience to give them a couple more days, but I'm about ready to chalk it up to a $2.99 mistake and make sure to never pay for an app from AW again.