Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
jonnydoubleu
My Device: Not Specified

App World! The lost apps.

I am a rep at Sprint. One of my biggest selling points for the 8330 curve is the App World and all the cool apps you can download. The customers eyes light up and they say "Let's do this!"

**SIDE NOTE: I have a 8330 Curve, but I bought it before they came in the box with 4.5 on them. I had to have my phone updated and is now on 4.5. So my older 8330 is completly the same as a new in box.**

When these customers get home and download the app world and search for these eye opening applications they cannot find them. For example Bloomberg LE. I sold the BB because of this app. I showed the customer the app on my phone and it worked fine. He got home and no go. I've been trying to figure this out for him for about a week now. Same thing happened with 3 other 8330s i sold this week. They were trying to find 'quick pull'. I even pinned them a recomendation for the app. It sends them the app in app world. They can see everything, screen shots, reviews, BUT no download button. I figured it was user error so i took another reps new phone from the store that was brand new and an my newly upgraded 4.5 phone. First i searched in the app world on the new phone. Could not find the apps. I then recommemded. Same deal. What is going on?

The app world version is 1.0.0.27

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonnydoubleu

Re: App World! The lost apps.

The customers app world is 1.0.0.29. Mine is .27
Please use plain text.
Contributor
airshark

Re: App World! The lost apps.

I think you may want to join our thread in-progress.  The issue is that you're now selling Sprint 8330M units instead of the plain old 8330.  Sprint refreshed its curve line-up to use the 8330M (Uses MEID instead of DEC/HEX ESN and has MMS capability pre-loaded).

8330m and Appworld

I work there too, trust me.
Please use plain text.