Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
TheMagic89
My Device: 9700

App World/Web Store Sync Problem

Hello,

Im trying to download apps to my BB via the webstore found here: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore

I have signed in to my BB ID (which has been used on my BB before so its linked) and selected the free apps i want to download. They go into "My World", stating they are uninstalled, waiting to be downloaded.

So, when i select the tick box and click "sync" at the top, it takes me to the apps page. On here, i can see my device info which shows it can see the thing, but when i click "begin sync", it hangs for 30 or so seconds then bombs out with the error:

"Sync Issue - There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again."

I have downloaded the latest version of app world, i have all the plugins necessary for my PC and i am running OS5 .979

Anyone able to give me a hand?
Please use plain text.
jdmps1188
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: App World/Web Store Sync Problem

Having the same problem, on Telstra in Australia, trying to download the evernote software.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
panman
My Device: curve 8310

Hi,i am having the same prob.please can anyone help,i cant reinstall any apps from my world.

any ideas?:mansad:

Please use plain text.
jwarcd
My Device: Torch

I am having the same problem in the US.

I am very frustrated.  This phone is nothing like the iPhone I was forced to give up.

If I can't download apps, why bother even calling it a smartphone?

I would not recommend the Torch to my worst enemy. 

I thought Dell support sucked.  Wait until you get a BB.

Please use plain text.
gazwats
My Device: 9520

Same problem here in the UK on a BB 9520 I've been unable to access the BB App store for the last few days as it says my email and password combination is wrong when it's actually 100% correct.

Please use plain text.
tinojr100
My Device: Not Specified

Having similar problem here in the states, I log in(on my 8530) I click Categories>Reference&E-books>e-books it starts to load then gives me an error msg "There's an issue with Blackberry app world,Please try again" then shuts app world down. It let's me open other areas without incident. Its been doing this for a couple of weeks now. I can't get any help from support. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanx-Frustrated in Texas
Please use plain text.
DJPJXCR
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8100

I have the same issues and am in Cali. I am going back to iPhone. I have wasted 2 days on this piece of garbage BB and I am done dealing with incompetency!
Please use plain text.
Qonnen
My Device: Curve 8310

Im also having the same issue.
I was able to download stuff yesterday. But now its like 'Sync Issue' can't download anything. Honestly I cant believe I put up with blackberries... I should just go back to the Iphone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mmauification
My Device: Bold 9900

Same problem, bought a bold 9900 yesterday, I live in austria...I was able to download yesterday,

now it doesnt do anything I just immediately get that sync message error that you guys have when I try to put apps on...

Please use plain text.
yaseentamer
My Device: curve

I have the same problem, I am from Egypt and I am using a curve 8520 :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.