Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
lottiemeister
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Tesco mobile

App World and BB ID isn't working

My mom recently gave me her phone, I am trying to log out of blackberry world and log into mine, however it doesn't have a 'log out' button.. Also, I've tried going into options and clicking on 'blackberry ID' but it says it can't get the account details whilst offline, yet I'm connected to the Internet.. Can anyone help me?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
garydev
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: App World and BB ID isn't working

[ Edited ]

HI Lottiemeister,

Try:

Options > Device > BlackBerryID and change your account there.

-g

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lottiemeister

I've tried that but it says that the account information isn't available when offline
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lottiemeister

Also, on the app world itself, when clicking on the 'my world' tab, it says there are no cached credentials (error id:40721)
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

Actually, you have a lot more work to do...refer:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

This technically should be treated as a sell/buy transaction, so all steps must be performed completely.

Further, AppWorld is associated with the BBID on the device (hence, no "logout"), and there is only one way to change the BBID that is associated to the device:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

You'll do that WIPE anyway as part of the sell/buy steps, but just so you know...

As for showing offline, that probably means that the device BIS account has been shut down by the carrier -- likely due to your Mom shifting her account to her new BB, leaving this BB without a BIS account (and, therefore, no BB-proprietary services, including AppWorld). That, too, must be remedied...and you do that by talking to your carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
garydev
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

lottiemesiter,

if you follow the info that sdgardne posted, let us know if that solved your problem or not.

Please and thank you.

-g

Please use plain text.