Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Seleno
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Alfa

Re: App World : availability by country

thats really bad from blackberry, how do you sell your mobile in lebanon and you dont have app available for lebanon?

thats more than bad

what if i want to download free app then !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

95% of all the free apps available on the AppWorld are also available at the other shops I named in my previous message, and for free. And those other shops are available everywhere BlackBerry is available. Including Lebanon.

Remember that back 3 years ago, AppWorld did not exist. This did not prevent BlackBerry users to download thousands of applications (paid or free).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Seleno
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Alfa

i think its better idea when you allow download for international users !,, at least you can upload them for directory !

this blackberry official site and not local shop to ask us to download from another sites

best regards

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
th3skunk
My Device: Not Specified

I guess BB is being unfair and making it very complicated. App world is one of the most prominent features of BB service. In my country I have to pay a premium to use BB service but unfortunately we don't get to use the app world feature since it is not available.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

@th3skunk

it's not RIM that is making things difficult. It is the governments that want to review all the applications available on AppWorld to forbid some of them.
Did you notice that the countries where AppWorld is not available are countries where liberty of speech especially on the internet is not full.

The problem is endless if those governments do not have enough people to do it, and review every day less applications than the number of new apps.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bnsrasitha
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizen

App World : availability by country

Sri Lanka is not suport to BB App word.What I need is to download the Need for Speed Shift 3D Version to my BB Storm 9530 phone.please give the solution to download this game

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

@bnsrasitha

most software editors publish their apps on AppWorld as well as other application shops like Mobihand, Handango. Those application shops can be used from Sri Lanka. But if the editor only publishes the application on AppWorld, since AppWorld is partly controlled by local governments, you can't until the Sri Lanka government has finished reviewing all the apps on AppWorld to decide which ones to ban. Contact your carrier to have more information.

Please use plain text.
Paul-D
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yessuz
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three (3)

Actually that is not true.

My country is the member of EU, with all the freedoms and bla bla bla. And we have BB service for few years and two carriers who support it... and still we do not have the App World.

That's actually is an awfull strategy by RIM. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

@yessuz : what is your country?
Being in the EU does not mean you have all the freedom, especially in eastern Europe...

Please use plain text.