Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Developer
Deevych
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App World : availability by country

Hey ,

You just didn't get the idea...

If you get the Android, neither Google nor Carrier will not restrict you to access the Market (of cource, you need a plan to have the internet, but is there any carrier in the world that does not have it???)

If you get the BB - you can have 10 plans with access to internet (limited/unlimited/for millionairs/for dummies), but you won't have access to AppWorld until RIM not dealed with governments and carriers to provide SPECIAL services...

And even having the BB Services activated does not guarantee that you have access to AppWorld...

That's the idea...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yessuz
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three (3)

No, you are wrong. For android, you do not have to have a data plan (are there perators who give you gsm service without any data plan??) - simple wi-fi is enough for connection. The phone can work without sim card at all.
Every data plan cost extra your rates (unless you have special contract), but this is different story. If you want to use BB phone, you must have a operator who runs BIS/BES service, otherwise - you can forget all BB special features. For android - any operator or even no operator but wifi canenable your phone to use internet and app store.

So sorry, but this is you who is wrong.

And I am not trolling, I just express my opinion.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Deevych, please don't think you know so much as to tell me that I "just don't get the idea".

• Finally, half this thread has now been devoted to trying to educate you on how this works.
  • Have you called your Ukranian mobile provider to question and complain about why they do not support AppWorld?
  • What was their response?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yessuz

You see, that is the problem.

RIM decides, can you use app store or not, while there were no restrictions from google from very begining.

Ok, now I have app store access in lithuania, woohoo. But before that, I have contacted operator few times, and the answer was:

-"We cannot help you. It is RIM's decision."
Please use plain text.
JSanders

yessuz wrote:

And I am not trolling, I just express my opinion.

Great, and I wish we had warm sunshine in December, but that's just NOT the way it works or is designed.

AND, this thread is not the place for that discussion. Xandrex created this as a service to help users visually see AppWorld availability by country, and several users have turned to trolling in it to complain.

This is thread is not the place for those complaints.

Start your own thread, contact your mobile provider or RIM direct.

That's all I'm asking.

And for what it is worth, I too wish AppWorld were available globally.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

yessuz wrote:
You see, that is the problem.

RIM decides, can you use app store or not, while there were no restrictions from google from very begining.

Ok, now I have app store access in lithuania, woohoo. But before that, I have contacted operator few times, and the answer was:

-"We cannot help you. It is RIM's decision."

And, they lied to you. Simple. Sorry you fell for it.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yessuz

Probably yes. They lied to me and to others few k users for 3 years. Common.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Deevych

, just look at the reply of yessuz, and you'll get the idea what was I talking about and where you were wrong.

Yes, I talked with my carrier representatives, and they told they will not add BIS at the time because it's not worth it (due to lack of BB devices popularity). But why this should restrict me as one of rare BB owners in my country to access the AppWorld? Note that that's not the carrier's problem, it's AppWorld... Carrier gave me internet, so I can use it to access anywhere except the AppWorld... That's the deal...

And note that I know enought, but I have just to say "why should I care about the special services? why can't I just use the internet to access the store?", and that's a simle question from the BB USER, not a support techie.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

Deevych wrote:

Yes, I talked with my carrier representatives, and they told they will not add BIS at the time because it's not worth it (due to lack of BB devices popularity). But why this should restrict me as one of rare BB owners in my country to access the AppWorld?

There you go. Not RIM's sole decision.

So , ok you can be right and you can keep saying I am wrong.

At least my head is not stuck in the sand.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Developer
Deevych

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:
There you go. Not RIM's sole decision. 

You missed this:

Deevych wrote:

Carrier gave me internet, so I can use it to access anywhere except the AppWorld...

And moreover, just as a note - I'm having the same access restriction on PlayBook (it's WiFi only), so, will you still tell me that's the carrier's decision?

Look, I'm already resigned with the fact I won't have the AppWold access, I just was not agree with your statement about difference in Android/BB stores access.

Please use plain text.