Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
annieq
My Device: curve 9300

Re: App World does not open

Hi Prince 2012
Thank you for you reply. Ok I followed the instructions that you gave to yhayen03 and I downloaded app world 4.0.0.55. I had some problem when downloading, 2 or 3 times a screen came up that app... Already exist if I wanted to replace it with the newer version.( I had this for like 5 times that I tried and only once it went smooth). Other then that it gives me at the end that the ddownload was succesful but does not ask to reboot. Hope this is usefull to you,n anything else let me know...
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

annieq wrote:
Hi Prince 2012
Thank you for you reply. Ok I followed the instructions that you gave to yhayen03 and I downloaded app world 4.0.0.55. I had some problem when downloading, 2 or 3 times a screen came up that app... Already exist if I wanted to replace it with the newer version.

Hello annieq

The message to replace the existing version will only appear if any previous version is already Installed in your device.If you through the previuos post then you will noticed that I suggested to Delete any exixting version from Options > Device > Application Management > Delete it from that list, then you have to perform a battery pull restart . after reboot try the same link to install ver.4.0.0.55 , this method will cleanly install BlackBerry World in your device. If you still have any problem with it try it again in the same manner.

annieq wrote:

Other then that it gives me at the end that the ddownload was succesful but does not ask to reboot.

If your device doe not prompt you can always perform a manual reboot , like this When your device is Powered On remove the battery wait for atleast a min. then reinsert it back . 

I suggest doing it again Cleanly if you're encountering any issue with BlackBerry World . Post back if you face any issue after installing the same . Or exactly where and what problem you are having currently .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
annieq
My Device: curve 9300

I did it again but it downloaded perfectly i did a manual reboot the icon is their but it does not open at all.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi annie

On your Device Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Locate BlackBerry World > Highlight it > Press the Menu Key > Click on edit permission > On that screen Change all Connections , Interactions , User Data to ALLOW , then save it , reboot your device again and try.

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
UofMaverick
My Device: 9780

Hey All,

I've tried several methods and the one suggested by prince2012 to annieq.

Details:

Blackberry 9780

6.0 Bundle 863 - v6.0.0.285

App World version 4.0.0.55

STEPS

Deleted app world

Restarted

Installed it from this location:  http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3

without restarting after installing, the app works. I was able to update existing apps and install a new app.

After the next restart, it stops working again. It is loaded at the time of startup (visible in open apps when menu button is long-pressed). But there is no response or action when you click on the icon.

I tried refreshing the service books, and then tried editing the permissions from Custom to Allow.

No Respite.

At this point, I'm so sick of this platform that if there was an Android phone with a keypad, I would switch in minutes. How is blackberry so apathetic to this problem??? It's all over the internet, and this app is the gateway to all the apps.