Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

App World download stuck for days

[ Edited ]

Before anyone starts to link that this problem was resolved with this link:

App download is frozen 

This is not the solution to the problem I am seeing.  Also from looking at the trailing posts on that thread, It was not the solution for them either.  They are experiencing the same problem I am.  Since the use of appworld 1.1, both paid and free application are getting stuck at "Starting Download..."  We cannot resume, pause cancel or delete the download.  Battery pulls/restarts, uninstalling, reinstalling appworld resolves nothing ... The "My World" list still contains the problem applications.  Logging into "My World" resolves nothing.  Manually going back to the applications listing in the categories is also fruitless.  Options to Install or Run do not show on the screen or options menu while in the problem applications detail page.

I have about 3 applications stuck at "Starting Download..."  The only connection I can think of is that the errors occurred when I had minimal network coverage and the data connection may have been dropped momentarily ... But the problem now is not momentary.

Verizon

App World 1.1

OS 4.7.0.148

BIS

Message Edited by zeiroe on 08-06-2009 07:06 AM

Re: App World download stuck for days

I agree with this 100% - I have one "free app" stuck in "starting download mode" and have tried everything to get rid of it with no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

After wiping and reinstalling my phone, I have been able to recreate the issues.  Here is a screenshot.

Patternlock - Attempted to archive the application but an archive was not available ... Now stuck at "Starting Download..."

Aerize Optimizer - Started to download with 1 bar of 1XEV, then walked to a place with known dead space ... After a network error, now stuck at "Starting Download..."

Appworld Stuck at Starting Download

Message Edited by zeiroe on 08-06-2009 02:38 PM
New Contributor

Since Installing Blackberry App World 1.1.0.15, the problem applications have been removed.  I have not been able to recreate the problem.  Hopefully this is because they corrected the bug in this newer release.  I'll go ahead and mark this as the solution.
New Contributor

that is not the solution. i have the newest version and am having the stuck app problem. have called tech support with no answers
New Contributor

okay here is the fix pretty simple and stupid that I didnt think of it before...

go into app world and re find the app and click on it. When it pulls up just click download again and it will bump it and start downloading!! yaay 

This solution did not work for me.  The download button is disabled on the details screen for the app I'm trying to download.
New Contributor

BuzzClifton - I have the same problem as you.

The free version of weatherbug has frozen on "starting download" for me - latest version of Appworld installed.

There's no Download button in the main App World details screen and there's no way to remove the failed download and start again.

It happened after I got a "timeout 1200" message (I had no reception and didn't notice for a while).

Very annoying as I love this app and can't see any other download method.

Tried logging into PayPal as per the other thread but it didn't help and it was a free app anyhow.

Tried removing Appworld and battery pull - failed download still there after reinstall and battery pull..

Tried removing all references and modules for weatherbug in Options/Advanced/Applications (wb_direct_)- no difference.

It's a real pain.

New Contributor

So has there been any solution to this? I have been having the same problem since last night. Tried everything..........
Contributor
My Device: Verizon Tour 9630

I am having this same issue on my Tour.

I have the newest version of Blackberry App World and am stuck trying to download Pandora ("starting download").  I too am looking for a solution.  I tried reinstalling everything.  The only thing left is a wipe of the device and I don't want to do that.