Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
RAlfieri
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Re: App World download stuck for days

UPDATE: I was finally able to rid myself of my AppWorld problems by nuking my BB Bold. Nothing I hate worse than having to waste hours wiping my handheld, then getting it back to where it was before the problems started.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous that just deleting and reinstalling AppWorld did not fix my problems. I even tried using a file explorer to figure out what to "zap" in order to get AppWorld to think it was starting over from scratch like a fresh install. No luck. The only think that worked was wiping the device.

How ridiculous is that?  :smileymad:

Rob Alfieri
Senior IT Consultant
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: This kind of service is unacceptable

bobbyflay wrote:

These are support forums, right?  Or is this just self help? 

Just to answer this question...as stated at the top of each message list, these are user-to-user forums,  not user-to-RIM forums...

Best.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jrtoves
My Device: Not Specified

I too had the problem with apps stuck at downloading. After 3 weeks of trying to locate a fix I finally found one that worked for my BB.

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Hold down the ALT key and press R-S-T, this will clear the application cache

3a. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

This process cleared all "pending" downloads I had queued.

I hope this works for those of you who have pending downloads, like it worked for me.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bobbyflay

@sdgardne

Thanks, I hadn't seen that.  I arrived here originally from a google search and bookmarked.  The URL "supportforums.blackberry.com" lead me to believe there was actual support here, from actual blackberry.

I read on another post here about contacting their tech support 1v1, but as stated in my last post, I'll leave that to someone who's paid to put up with that kind of treatment.  As I'm completely without a phone either way now, it'd be kinda pointless anyways.

Thanks for the responses everyone.  I hope someone finds the answer.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
azpir8king

If that fix works, thats great. Since I have  Storm, doe any one have an idea on how to complete the aforementioned key sequence with a touch screen?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stides

I found this on crackberry.com forums:

"It works for me in my storm. Just pull up the keyboard, hold the alt button so it locks and then hit 34(

Those are the keys that type reset. Also I didn't know about this to reset the list, thanks!"

It worked for me as well.  The alt button is the button you hit to get to numbers.  Just hold it unit it goes to the number screen and has a lock on it. 

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/clear-app-world-cache-315042/#post3584266

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FlipFlop_Girl

THANK YOU!!! Finally something that worked!!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
azpir8king

JR and Stides....that worked. Awesome job!!!! Thanks. I will now remove the target from the wall that my Storm was aimed at. You have saved an innocent BB from some serious injury.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

AppWorld Stuck Pending Downloads -- Solution here!

[ Edited ]

Now this is what this Community is all about -- everyone helping each other! Thank you so much, jrtoves and stides...you deserve more kudos than I am presently allowed to give out! Excellent!

Edit -- changing subject so that others can find this solution...and including the solution here for quicker find by others. Please, though...do not kudo me...scroll up a few messages and kudo the real heros...jrtoves and stides...

Cheers!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Another user has found a solution to this problem and posted it in these forums...it is to clear the application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and press "RST"

3b. For Storm -- Hold the num-lock ("!?123") button so it locks and then hit "34("

3a. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Message Edited by sdgardne on 09-15-2009 12:52 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Great work jrtoves and stides... thanks for posting those solutions.

kudos made!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.