Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

MAIDENMARK
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

App World icon is missing from my screen

Hi,

Having just upgraded to the Bold 9900, I seem to have lost the App World icon on screen.

When I check applications online it says App World is uploaded.

Any ideas on what to do? The Orange store wasn't any help.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: App World icon is missing from my screen

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sometimes, when you do an OS update, reload, or otherwise, your icons are hidden, moved, or otherwise not easily visible. The first thing to do is to search all folders (e.g., downloads, apps, etc.) to see if the icon is there. The second thing to do is to ensure that "Show Hidden" is active as you go through those folders to see if perhaps it might be hidden. The third thing to do is to reinstall AppWorld itself, and that normally will get the icon displayed again.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sardavinod
My Device: 9780Bold
My Carrier: due

Hi can you send us the link for Appworld 

As I have tried to download but did not get properly link 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

sardavinod wrote:

Hi can you send us the link for Appworld 

As I have tried to download but did not get properly link 

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ivantiglao
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Smart/Globe

Cause 4 BlackBerry App World was updated to 4.0.0.63 on a BlackBerry 6 smartphone with older BlackBerry Device Software. Resolution 4 On BalckBerry OS versions prior to 6.0.0.706 and the AppWorld Icon is not visible, please download the install the BalckBerry AppWorld veriosn 4.0.0.55. Open the BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone. Open the BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone. Browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 After download, please restart your BlackBerry smartphone when prompted. Verify that BlackBerry App World is located on the home screen.
Please use plain text.
shomesengupta
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

ivantiglao wrote:
Cause 4 BlackBerry App World was updated to 4.0.0.63 on a BlackBerry 6 smartphone with older BlackBerry Device Software. Resolution 4 On BalckBerry OS versions prior to 6.0.0.706 and the AppWorld Icon is not visible, please download the install the BalckBerry AppWorld veriosn 4.0.0.55. Open the BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone. Open the BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone. Browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 After download, please restart your BlackBerry smartphone when prompted. Verify that BlackBerry App World is located on the home screen.

Thanks ivantiglao for the tip. I am using Torch 9800 with OS 6.0 Bundle 695. I tied your instructions and, indeed, the App World icon has reappeared on the home screen. However, clicking on the icon (after the customary reset) is not taking me anywhere - the software is simply not working. Let me know if you have come across this problem and have any suggestions.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MostafaEsho
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: etisalat

thanks a lot i get it after i followed youe steps thanks.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
floorennt14
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: esshop

I tried all of these steps but it still does not work. My device is telling me that app world is installed but i cannot find it anywhere. I also tried show hidden but still has problems. Moreover I update the version but still i cannot find app world icon. Can anyone help me ?

Please use plain text.
willemlab
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Thanks a ton Occam's Razor....it also solved my problem.
Please use plain text.