Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
guypracy
My Device: PlayBook 32GB 2.0
My Carrier: Eclipse

Re: App World keeps overcharging me

Developer said there is a problem with App world but didn't say what he was doing about it. He's not happy either as its losing him money giving refunds.

Paypal were particularly unhelpful saying it was an authorised payment and they couldn't help.

I did find a refund form on the BlackBerry site but every time I filled it in and tried to send it I got an "unknown error, try again later" message.

Guy
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

guypracy wrote:
Developer said there is a problem with App world but didn't say what he was doing about it. He's not happy either as its losing him money giving refunds.

Paypal were particularly unhelpful saying it was an authorised payment and they couldn't help.

I did find a refund form on the BlackBerry site but every time I filled it in and tried to send it I got an "unknown error, try again later" message.

Guy

Note please that I said to dispute with your actual payment source...unless you had a PayPal balance, your actual payment source was something else...a bank account, credit card, etc. with PayPal just being a pass thru for the transaction...

I'm not positive about PayPal's dispute policy, but I'm pretty sure that they have dispute reasons that cover your situation...the transaction being authorized or not should not be relevant...rather, the fact that you, in essence, did not receive what you paid for should apply to the dispute case, shouldn't it?

In any event, I don't have any further avenues to give you to seek refund. The best thing is to dispute with the payment sources, however deep you need to go in order to do that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BadWhippet
My Device: Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: None

Thanks for all the help.

From now on, I'm going to pay more attention and cancel any transaction where the Appworld is overcharging.  I can see Paypal's argument in that we technically agreed to pay the amount Paypal displayed - it was the Appworld causing the overcharge and sending this to Paypal (ie the Appworld is faulty).

My refund forms went through (all four of them) but they've all been ignored.  :smileysad:  I've previously secured a legitimate refund (because the app actually didn't work - and received a response from Blackberry) so I don't know why the others were ignored.  Maybe the form appeared to go through but actually failed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
guypracy

Found a tech support telephone number 0800 0962805 for Blackberry UK.  Selected the option for PlayBook (you will need your serial number to hand) and was put through to a very helpful person who has taken all my details and said they will investigate the problem and call me back tomorrow.

Called at 17:30 on Sunday and got a relpy.

Just got to wait and see

Guy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BadWhippet
My Device: Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

Thanks Guy

I will try the same.  I'm not bothered about overcharges of 75p or so, but when it's £2+ I'm more bothered.  In spending £10 on games and apps (I really MUST stop this! :smileyvery-happy: ) I was overcharged by 40%.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Joannanoel
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Playbook

There's a surprise. Cut your losses sell the bag of **bleep** and purchase a Ployor momo 8.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
guypracy

Just had an email confirming full refund for over-charged App.  I now feel bad as I've had a partial refund direct from developer as well, so now in profit - I'll have to pay back developer and pay for App directly - don't want him to lose out over all this fiasco. 

Guy

Please use plain text.