Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
darulanam786
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: aircel

Re: App World latest version of Blackberry ID update

i have downgrade app world ver to 0.55 but still m facing the same prb... and how to open my world from my device from the browser...
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

darulanam wrote :

i have downgrade app world ver to 0.55 but still m facing the same prb... and how to open my world from my device from the browser...

Hi darulanam

Uninstalling App World from our device does not delete the BlackBerry ID associated with our device and ,To go to My World on your device Open App World on device Then Click on My World and see if it prompt for BlackBerry ID update ,If that fails or does not prompt then  try updating your BlackBerry ID using the Knowledge Base Article KB29613 . Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ameysdhaygude
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

Darulanam,

I was facing the same problem with my BB until i tried Wifi workaround provided by Prince.

Install latest version of Blackberry app world & then try updating BB ID over wifi, it might take number of attempts to update but this trick works.

Amey

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DesyDevine
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9380
My Carrier: Orange France

Hi there, I have done exactely  what Prince said to do, and yes it worked, but.....my Blackeberry Messenger is still

not working. I have tried everything...uninstalling, reinstalling etc, but nothing..

Thank you kindly and best regards,

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

DesyDevine wrote :

Hi there, I have done exactely  what Prince said to do, and yes it worked, but.....my Blackeberry Messenger is still

not working. I have tried everything...uninstalling, reinstalling etc, but nothing..

Hi DesyDevine

As you had already tried a few thing but still i prefer you should try this in the same manner to see if that helps.On your Homescreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > Scroll down to BBM and delete it then from your BlackBerry Browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm  to donload BBM agin on your device ,If your device prompts for restart do it. Then perform another Battery Pull Restart. See if it works ,if not then : 

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Delete and Resend your Service Book

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  •  ( Wait till a registration message appear for each email account on the message box )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back  

Try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DesyDevine

Hi Prince,

Thanks for your help.. so I folowed your steps and stopped where I had to "Register Now", but still have no message in my inbox. I will wait until you tell me what to do ok...

Kind regards,

DesyDevine

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

DesyDevine wrote :

Thanks for your help.. so I folowed your steps and stopped where I had to "Register Now", but still have no message in my inbox. I will wait until you tell me what to do ok...

Hi DesyDevine

If are unable to get pass that registration process then other steps will not work . If you are unable to Register your device to your Carrier Network then you had to call your carrier to know if there is any issue with there network or Is your BIS account  is properly configured on there Network.So first Please call your Carrier to know the Issue. The reason behind unable to use BBM is just because of this  to use BBM we  need  active BlackBerry Data Services.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DesyDevine

Hi Prince,

Well 

1. The SIM card in the BlackBerry smartphone has been changed.
  2. The BlackBerry smartphone is roaming on another carrier.

Because I had just moved from France to Portugal and I did unblock my phone in France before I left.

Do you think that is the problem maybe???

I have now re installed BBM and  it opens ok, and I do find all my contacts there, but I cannot send or receive messsages ..and I do not receive emails and cannot send either..

Ooh.... this is so frustrating, especially when your phone is new.. and on top of this, its my 3rd BB Curve 9380. I purchased in France in June and since then, the battery keeps warming like crazy and the phone blocks because of this. I am so tired of it. I contacted my provider and they sent me a new one, but always the same problem. The 3rd one I received just before arriving in Portugal, which was the beginning of November.

HELPPPPPPP??????????????

Kind Regards,

DesyDevine

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

DasyDevine wrote :

1. The SIM card in the BlackBerry smartphone has been changed.
  2. The BlackBerry smartphone is roaming on another carrier.

Hi DasyDevine

Yes I think the problem is in  there as you had changed your SIM card you need to call your Carrier to confirm that BIS has been Activated properly on your new SIM card.

And regarding your issue with your device you can  Search the forums related to your problem or post your own thread on  appropriate section of the forums with all details so that everyone can help you.

So please call your Carrier or Wireless Service provider .

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
darulanam786
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: aircel

hi prince
i have tried out ur aritcle kb29613 but still am facing the same problem..... if u can assist through any video then it will be the best of all....
Please use plain text.