Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
BB_vadivelan
My Device: storm 9500

Re: App World not working after upgrade

Sorry friends accidentely i click the sucess link..how to remove that?

New Contributor
colibricelestin
My Device: Torch 9800

As I mentioned awhile back, RIM went through device-wipe with me and I am now able to use AppWorld, albeit an earlier version. It does tell me an upgrade is available, but I tell it to ignore, as I do not have confidence that the problem has been fixed, moreso now after seeing all these subsequent posts to my previous one. If you can get back to the earlier version, I suggest sticking with it for the time-being. There was a mention, when my ticket was still open, that lack of memory availability on my media card was the reason for my problem, don't know if this is erroneous information..am beginning to have other problems with my Torch 9800, mic not working for phone calls (have to use speaker or headPhones to hear caller/voicemail, people having trouble hearing me during calls), media player skipping, losing sogs from playlist, they have advised me to re-wipe device, and offered replacement phone under my insurance, I'm just not ready to do those things yet, hanging in-my phone 2 years old-only? Maybe this helps somehow..
New Contributor
ianenticott
My Device: Storm 9520

[ Edited ]

I was able to get it working again with the following steps:

On the BlackBerry open Options/Applications and select 'Add-on'

Select BlackBerry Appworld and delete it.

Go to http://uk.blackberry.com/services/appworld/download.jsp or your local download site for BlackBerry appworld and enter your email address to receive the update link.

I needed to switch the BlackBerry to my home wi-fi network and turn off the Mobile Network in order to do the next step:

On your BlackBerry click on the download link in your email and click through the screens until appworld downloads and installs.

Once installed click the icon and accept the BlackBerry Identity update.

This now installs.

The phone restarted and appworld is working again.

I then had to stay on wireless until I had logged in to appworld and entered my BlackBerry ID login details.  After that you can switch back to Mobile Network again.

ferassuleiman
My Device: 9700

it works for me following the below steps, 1- create new account on app world, and make sure its activated and better to log in with it to double confirm 2- backup the device data on desktop manager software 3- security wipe everything (no need for media card) 4- restore the backup 5- login with the new account Best of luck
Contributor
davidjbd
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Blackberry Torch

I had similar problems, tried the Beta version as well with no luck whatsoever, I eventually found an old version of App World and reverted to it. I am using a Blackberry Torch OS 6, from ATT which I think may be the issue.

quanza_1
My Device: curve 9300

Guys. Use desktop software to update your phone's core application data(under applications tab) and the problem will be solved. Did it today and app world is working well again. Cheers
New Contributor
ramitmahajan
My Device: 9780

/I have the same problem with my 9780. I tried with two of them and both have the same issue after upgrading to latest app world. Why cant Blackberry offer a solution to this?

The solutions that are mentioned on this forum are various. Dont know which of them to follow.

Trusted Contributor
BB4matt
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook

Hi quanza_1,

when you said: "Use desktop software to update your phone's core application", do you mean delete, say 'Calendar' and reinstall it? I don't see an update button under application. I can only use the '+' and 'x' icons to do something. Can you explain your solution with an example? I don't know what is the core application.

Thx, bb4matt

Regular Contributor
sgm_friends
My Device: 9800

Hi.

Anyone give a solution .... its not showting yet. past one one month, I'venot able to download anything on my device.

Wt is the solution for this..  I' m unable to connect the via browser also. Pls give a solution....

Regular Contributor
sgm_friends
My Device: 9800

go to below url. and download old version.

rroyy.com./otaarchive/