Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
phill-APC
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

App World not working after upgrade

I upgragded App World to 3.1.2.32 this morning. Now App World Will not run.

There is no action after clicking the icon .

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: App World not working after upgrade

Hello and welcome to the Community!

First thing to do after every upgrade is to reboot the device as should be asked after the upgrade. Considering this done, the reboot process should be thorough and there are times that we may need to remove the battery while the phone is ON and place it back in and let the phone reboot itself. This process refreshes the Service Books we have and two of the Service Books are the Blackberry Identity [BBID] and Blackberry App World [APPWORLD]. These Service Books are related to your issue as they need to be refreshed in order for you to access and go through the Blackberry Appworld.

You can go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > press Menu and choose Register Now to refresh the Service Books.

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phill-APC

Thanks for the welcome. Still no joy i'm afraid.

I've re-booted (twice), taken the battery out and refreshed the Service Books as you suggest. (I'm not familiar with this - I get a 'Registration message sent! OK' dialogue - is that right?)

App World shows on the screen of open applications but shows as not running under Options>Device>Application Management

Puzzled!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jiggiwatt
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue. Details:

Model: Torch 9800

Providor: Telus

Other: Connected to my company's BES

Issue: When attempting to launch Blackberry App World, nothing happens when clicking on the application. The application does show that it is currently running, but when attempting to switch to it nothing happens.

Troubleshooting:

-Rebooted Blackberry twice

-Pulled battery from Blackberry

-Reinstalled Blackberry App World from the web site download

-Refreshed the service books as suggested in the earlier post

Unfortunately when using the desktop software, it's not listed as an application that you can remove or else I would try that as well. I've done a backup, but I really do not want to wipe my device unless absolutely necessary.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fabios11
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi, I have the same problem as every one else has.
I have 9800 torch. Do you have a solution? Can I download the old version some where?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pjl_1
My Device: Torch

I have the same problem.

Model: Torch 9800
Providor: O2
Other: Connected to my company's BES
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pjl_1
My Device: Torch

My 9800 has the Blackberry Identity [BBID] Service Book but no sign of the Blackberry App World [APPWORLD] Service Book when I check in Options > Device > Advanced System Settings >Service Book.

i have refreshed as you suggested in your reply to an earlier post.

any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jiggiwatt
My Carrier: Telus

Unlike plj_1, I do have an entry in my service book for the App World. Problem symptoms appear to be similar, however.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lainchir
My Device: Not Specified

Superb !! It's not just me !!!

Exactly the same after installing App World 3.1.2.32 on a Bold 9700. I've tried to uninstall, reboot, reinstall, battery out, and soft key reboots....

After installation, the phone comes up, and holding the BB key down shows that app world is open, yet if you select it.... nothing. If you go to the App World icon, and try and open it... nothing.

Think there's a problem with 3.1.2.32 then maybe.

Running a Bold 9700 on 6.0 Bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668 Platform 6.6.0.236) on Vodafone UK

Cheers

Lainchir 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lainchir
My Device: Not Specified

... Interestingly, I've just checked my service books, and i have a BBID, but no App world one. Deleted the BBID one, and reregistered. I now have the BBID one back, but still no [APPWORLD]

Hope that's of use.

Cheers

Please use plain text.