Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Re: App World not working after upgrade

I tried just deleting the folder and rebooting my phone (battery pull), however this didn't resolve the issue. It seems that the issue is with the installation cleanup component of the install so it has to be reinstalled as by the time you go to launch the application it's already in a broken state.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Me too :smileysad: Tried the same... Removed, rebooted (battery pull) deleted folder, reinstalled... Open app world without reboot.... All is well. Reboot again, no app world. Once you reboot..... It's bust.
New Contributor

BAH ! You're right, good catch. The app is broken again immediately after a reboot. No errors in the log this time around. Is there a way to actually report a bug for this kind of stuff ?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Nope :smileysad: Not a clue. I've raised it on the Facebook page too. You can get at the logs without docking though, by going to the media page, BB key, then explore. The new BB App world logs are all 0KB. No contents. Very annoying. If we could just roll back !!
New Contributor

I tweeted their support team and directed them here. Maybe we'll see a response of one form or another.

New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

I tried a wipe, but this did not work either. I did try all the other things, batt pulls, delete/download, safe mode , alt + shift + del. I did notice after re downloading Appworld, and not doing the reboot, the appworld icon was usable. But after the reboot, would not work again.

New Contributor

I haven't heard anything from RIM/Blackberry support in any way shape or form. I don't know of any way to contact them outside of this forum and Twitter.

Frankly, I'm quite glad that my company is migrating to a non-BES solution soon.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2

I managed to clear this problem eventually by deleting some appworld files and folders on the phone and reinstalling appworld. I didn't keep a note of the folders I'm afraid.......and I don't recommend anyone tries it !!! very risky!! 

It is a shame RIM has not addressed this!

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I add my $0.02: while browsing through AppWorld on my Torch 9800 last night, 2 Apps away from perfecting my phone set-up after 1 1/2 years getting to know my way around my BlackBerry phone, I got an in-app message saying I could not continue to use the AppWorld without upgrading it..it was already an updated version-great interface, great app-management system..but oh well, I needed those Apps! So I upgraded. Please do not do this if you read this and your AppWorld is working!! Just tell it 'later'.. So-as happened to all of ya'll above, I went to click on the Icon, and absolutely nothing happened. I did the soft reset, delete, hard reset, re-install, none of that worked. Unfortunately, when I came here looking for solutions, I found another thread, not this one, that said call AT&T and re-register your account on the network through RIM-which did nothing. Well, I did get with RIM, and they were super-patient, walking me through to wiping my device and re-installing OS6. Okay, so, now I have AppWorld again, but the primitive-er version, and no, my back-up did not restore everything-all my apps were un-installed (and I had like-at least 30 I was using) and apps I had uninstalled were installed. Ok, so I spent 2 hours re-configuring, I can do that. But to no avail, as my apps lost all of the original data associated with them, many apps I had purchased did not show up at all-as if never purchased, and some were no longer 'available' through AppWorld (lol because the earlier version cannot recognize Apps that became available on a later versio, right??) So-basically, my whole beautifully well-orchestrated set-up is smashed to bits and -'m back to square-1. Needless to say I don't recommend wiping your device as a solution to the problem-if you can, wait for the bug to-be-fixed for the newer version. I did email them a link to this thread, as my case, I guess, is still open, so I hope someone who can do something will take notice. That being said, I don't know the answer to what-to-do when you want to buy Apps other than to go directly to the individual maker-if you know the App name and/or Developer name. I guess you can go to AppWorld via Computer (I tried to access the Full Site via Cell and it wouldn't let me-it forced me to stay on a mobile-formatted page, and I couldn't do anything there because my AppWorld wasn't working!!) Ok, 'nuff said for now.
New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

P.s. I meant to say, that I emailed RIM a link to this thread, specifically because of those of you who posted prior to me who are smart enough and brave enough to have pinpointed the crux of the problem!