Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
patlazaro
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: Globe

App World requires the latest version of Blackberry ID

[ Edited ]

I updated by Blackberry curve 8900 to v5, along with it my app world was deleted so I downloaded and installed a new one. When I opened the application, it said "App World requires the latest version of Blackberry ID" so I clicked "Update" but then a new notification showed up saying "Sorry the software update server is unavailable. Please try again" so I clicked "Retry" still it did not update and nothing happened so I clicked "Close" instead. When I did that a new notification showed up and said "Blackberry ID installation failed. Please try again later. (80002)"

I tried everything I saw in a thread in this community but then nothing happened. I'm still getting the same error everytime. I tried battery pull, connecting to a wifi, deletiing and reinstalling and many more nothing seems to solve this. PLEASE HELP ME 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: App World requires the latest version of Blackberry ID

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To avoid giving you redundant advice and wasting your time, please detail exactly the things you've already tried and exactly the results of each. For example, from "deletiing and reinstalling and many more things nothing seems to solve this", I cannot tell exactly what you deleted and reinstalled, nor what the precise results of each attempt were (often, from one attempt the symptom behavior changes from what originally displayed, even if the actual situation is unresolved).

Exact details from you about exactly the things you've already attempted and exactly what happened from those attempts will best enable us to most quickly provide you with hopefully new suggestions to help your situation, and avoid redundant suggestions for things you've already attempted.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
patlazaro

In my first encounter I did a battery pull and the result is still the same with the error 80002. Then I tried the KB workaround I found in this site, first was the Wifi hotspot, then the APN change, but I haven't tried the workaround wherein you have to check the "Permit Insecure Renegotiation" because when I went to my TLS options I could not find that option. Then a little while ago, I was trying your solution to a thread with a similar problem as mine, which include uninstalling then reboot, install again, then battery pull, but still no result. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Thanks...a few clarifications please?

patlazaro wrote:

In my first encounter I did a battery pull and the result is still the same with the error 80002. Then I tried the KB workaround I found in this site, first was the Wifi hotspot, then the APN change

I assume you mean the 80003 (not 80002) KB?

• KB29613 The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

patlazaro wrote:

but I haven't tried the workaround wherein you have to check the "Permit Insecure Renegotiation" because when I went to my TLS options I could not find that option.

So, when you followed those steps, exactly what did you see on your screen?

patlazaro wrote:

uninstalling then reboot, install again, then battery pull, but still no result. 

Again...uninstalling and reinstalling what, exactly?

And, what, exactly, does "no result" mean? Example...you said you "were trying" that process, but with "no result". So I can interpret "no result" as an inability to uninstall, an inability to reinstall, or even the ability to complete those, but the behavior does not change.

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
patlazaro

This are the only options I saw in my screen:

TLS Default: Handheld

General:

Protocol: TLS/SSL

Encryption Strength: Allow Weak

Digest Strength: Strong Only

Allow FIPS Algorithms Only: No

Server Authentication:

Prompt for server trust: Yes

Prompt for Domain Name: Yes

Client Authentication:

Prompt for Certificate: No

Prompt if Client Cert Not Found: Yes

Default Cleint Cert: <None Available>

Hostname/Certificate Mappings:

*Empty*

As for what I was Installing/reinstalling, it is Blackberry App World v4.3.0.26, no result means my BB ID still couldn't be updated/I still get the same errors (80002) as before,

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

patlazaro wrote:

This are the only options I saw in my screen:

TLS Default: Handheld

General:

Protocol: TLS/SSL

Encryption Strength: Allow Weak

Digest Strength: Strong Only

Allow FIPS Algorithms Only: No

Server Authentication:

Prompt for server trust: Yes

Prompt for Domain Name: Yes

Client Authentication:

Prompt for Certificate: No

Prompt if Client Cert Not Found: Yes

Default Cleint Cert: <None Available>

Hostname/Certificate Mappings:

*Empty*

Ummm...OK, so the KB lists 8 steps in that workaround...on which step do you see this? Also, which of the two 8-step processes are you following, as they are different for different BB OS levels?

patlazaro wrote:

As for what I was Installing/reinstalling, it is Blackberry App World v4.3.0.26, no result means my BB ID still couldn't be updated/I still get the same errors (80002) as before,

OK thank you. Another method to try is removing both AppWorld as well as anything installed related to Identity:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

Then do a batt pull reboot and then re-install AppWorld:

Follow with yet another manual batt-pull reboot and see if Identity can now install (it should be auto-initated by AppWorld).

For some cases, this can also help -- follow these steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
patlazaro

[ Edited ]

It's on the 4th step, when I scroll and click the TLS those were the things that appeared on my screen. I am using the OS5 and so I followed what was indicated for that certain OS level. As for the HRT and all processes. I also tried it a while ago, it said that  the registration message was sent but I still haven't got any message in return. Also for the deletion of anything installed related to identity. I currently have no third party application installed, they were wiped out. The only thing installed is the App World that does not update and the pre installed applications like BBM. Am I supposed to delete those two (AppWorld & BBM)?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

patlazaro wrote:

It's on the 4th step, when I scroll and click the TLS those were the things that appeared on my screen. I am using the OS5 and so I followed what was indicated for that certain OS level.

Interesting...on my OS5, device, right between your two items of:

• Allow FIPS Algorithms Only: No
  • Server Authentication:

I have another item of exactly as described in the KB ("Permit Insecure Renegotiation"). Which makes me wonder further about your device...are you perhaps on corporate/BES? If so, then you may need to stop and work with your BES admins as they may be controlling many things. If not, then was your BB ever on BES perhaps? If so, then it's possible that the IT Policy was not properly cleansed and it remains in place, blocking certain functions:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

Basically, that menu item should exist...and, since it does not, my suspicions about these other things is increased.

patlazaro wrote:

As for the HRT and all processes. I also tried it a while ago, it said that  the registration message was sent but I still haven't got any message in return.

That is very very important...without the receipt of the required message to your BB, nothing else will matter, and you need to contact your mobile service provider for formal support now. Only they can look at your situation and see why your BB is unable to communicate with their network.

patlazaro wrote:

Also for the deletion of anything installed related to identity. I currently have no third party application installed, they were wiped out. The only thing installed is the App World that does not update and the pre installed applications like BBM. Am I supposed to delete those two (AppWorld & BBM)?

Given the result of HRT, this is now perhaps moot...receipt, to the BB, of the HRT is a prerequisite for everything, and only your service provider (and, perhaps BlackBerry via escalation from your service provider) can figure it out now.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.