Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
imwjl
My Device: Storm

App World warning.

Just a warning.

I am not finding statements of Storm compatibility for programs that interest me in App World and the Storm has already been a let down in terms of application compatibility and availability.

This new service looks about as frustrating as the Storm itself or it is the Storm's fraternal twin - two siblings with promise that are not yet ready for prime time.

I sure hope RIM gets it together before my phone's return date or Verizon.

Does anybody know if one's stuck with the monitary loss if they buy one of the apps with no free trial that's a junk show for their Storm?

Thank you.

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: App World warning.

The App World will display apps based on your device, so they should all be compatible with the Storm.  I've noticed that I've had to disable the compatibility mode for a couple of apps, but otherwise, I've had no problems.  Now then, if you don't want to purchase apps that cost money until you know if it works, I'd suggest simply waiting for reviews for those apps.

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
imwjl
My Device: Storm

Re: App World warning.

Krypto wrote:

The App World will display apps based on your device, so they should all be compatible with the Storm.  I've noticed that I've had to disable the compatibility mode for a couple of apps, but otherwise, I've had no problems.  Now then, if you don't want to purchase apps that cost money until you know if it works, I'd suggest simply waiting for reviews for those apps.

Good luck!

Thank you.

I understand what you say, but one program I've tried still works poorly and at times not at all via compatibility mode on or off and the publisher says I should get a hacked or beta OS.

I doubt I'd wait for reviews and will likely return the phone if RIM does not have a softare up date in 12 days. There are things nice about the phone, but bugs and performance problems that would offend me if I have to live with them for the life of the contract.

Basically I give RIM credit for knowing how to do hand held email well, but lost respect obvious issues are not fixed soon because these phones have been out about 4 months now.

Fingers crossed and thanks for your suggestions.