Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
zarzamora11
My Device: Style 9670

App World won't launch from home screen

First, does anyone else out there actually have a BB Style 9670???? Second, and to the point, has anyone deleted and reinstalled the updated App World, rebooted and reset umpteen times and still been unable to launch App World from the homescreen or even successfully open the link m.blackberry.com??

I've recently had by Style replaced and thought I was out of the woods when the app was working smoothly but I'd not launched App World in over a week and today found that the honeymoon was over. This has been happening since late August. I've received no error messages just a dead widget.

HelpThankYouPlease

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
BB4matt
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: App World won't launch from home screen

Maybe you can try this.

When your Desktop Manager is ready to sync data with your connected phone click on ‘Applications’. Scroll down to Blackberry ‘App World.’. You might see version 3.1.4.25  present (?). Select ‘x’ to remove this version and then hit ‘Apply’ at the bottom.

Once this is done wait a bit and after the reboot of your phone it connects again to this screen. Scroll down to ‘App World’ again and this time select ‘+’ which adds the version which came with your operating system (for example in my case it is:  3.0.0.73) and apply it.

Anyhow, after your default version is installed and the phone has rebooted disconnect it and open ‘App World’ and follow the prompts. Make sure the radio and Internet is back on too.

When later 'App World' wants you to install an upgrade version ignore it and keep this default version till RIM fixes the issue.

I have not your phone model but I had a similar 'App World' issue which did not launch. Good luck

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zarzamora11
My Device: Style 9670

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Yes:  BB4matt, you rock! Directions were clear, concise and, most importantly, the solution worked! Thank you very much!! Have a brilliant day!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
BB4matt
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Thank you for giving me this nice feedback. If you liked this suggestion click the ‘Thumbs Up’ icon and if your issue is resolved, click the ‘Solution’ button in the relevant posting box. I know the solution is temporary but is is up to RIM to provide a permanent solution.
Please use plain text.