Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Trusted Contributor
DarylS
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: verizon

App World won't let me pay

I have been using APP WORLD for quite a while but have only downloaded free apps and demos to this point.  This week I trued to purchase an app.  It all works fine but it won't process my credit card information either on the phone or desktop.  I get error id10000 which means the card is not accepted.  Unfortunately APP WORLD support is more than lacking.  When I finally got an email response after sending several requests for support they told me my bank was refusing the purchase of $.99  I have called my back several times over this and they assure me that they have NOT refused any charges so I caught in the middle.  Anyone else having this problem and have you found a solution for it?  It sure shows how poor the support is for this process on RIM's part.  Again like in past with software or hardware issues they lay the blame elsewhere and refuse to accept responsibility for their own screw ups .

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm

Re: App World won't let me pay

I have been trying for well over a year to solve the same problem and have been totally ignored.  One can only imagine how many of us there are out there with the same problem.  It's a shame no one wants to take my money.  The Iphone will be available from Verizon around the same time my contract is up so that will be my solution.  RIM says it is a paypal problem,  paypal says it is a RIM problem...in the end the developers lose.  Oh Well...If you figure out how to solve this let me know thanx!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
DarylS

Sorry to read of your problem but I do have to say I am not surprised. With iPhone coming to verizon I too must consider it as well. I have been a loyal BB user for many years but they just don't take care of their users. They leave support totally to the carriers and Verizon does nothing to support App World. The support issue was one of the stumbling blocks to the Apple / Verizon deal but Apple retained control over the OS and the apps. I don't like giving up the keyboard but there are so many apps and no trouble getting them or paying for them.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
DarylS

OK I thought I would come back and post the latest on this.  Further investigation shows me by posts on these forums that this problem has existed for over a year and that RIM has know about it at least that long and still not resolved it.  I did finally get a couple emails from support and from Customer Loyalty neither of which had a resolution.

So I must ask what they are all doing up there?  What good does it do to say they are supporting their hardware with a product like APP World when they have no sense of urgency to correct problems with it?  Perhaps they are too busy with their newest copy cat toy  PLAY BOOK?  Just askin....  RIM used to be leaders in smartphone technology and now they are playing catch up and not doing a very good job of that.  They don't even have OS 6 out there totally yet and already the efforts are going to new hardware and OS 6.1 for which there is no hardware in the market.  RIM abandons current users and product too fast and that will bite them on the **bleep** eventually.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm

Good luck solving this. I tried every suggestion several times without any luck. I only use free apps. When app world first opened I was able to purchase but that was only for a short time. I've given up and spend my money elsewhere. Keep me posted! I may buy a $.99 fart app before I toss the phone in the trash if you find the solution to this.
Please use plain text.