Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Forma-Magnum
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

App World won't recognize Playbook password

My playbook & Desktop manger accepts the password but App World will not. I receive this error message:

"Unable To Connect Your Device
You have not entered the correct BlackBerry device password. Try entering your password on your device. You cannot access BlackBerry App World on your computer until you have correctly entered your device password."

What am I missing? Any help would be most appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: App World won't recognize Playbook password

Hi Forma-Magnum,

App World on your PlayBook should not require a password, unless you enabled it. The only thing I can think of is that it wants your BlackBerry ID password. In this case, you'll need to use your BlackBerry ID password, not your device password (i.e. to unlock your device).

If I'm not understanding this correctly, please post back with more info.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Forma-Magnum

Hi Kryto, Thanks for your suggestion. I tried that...no luck.

The initial prompt I see is this:

Enter Device Password
[Pin: XXXXXXX]
You have a device password enabled. Enter your BlackBerry device password to continue.

Entering your device password will switch your active device to this Pin.
Password:

When enter the device (Playbook) password (correctly), I get this response:

Unable To Connect Your Device
You have not entered the correct BlackBerry device password. Try entering your password on your device. You cannot access BlackBerry App World on your computer until you have correctly entered your device password. 

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Ok, I'm going to look further into this. Give me a day to try to get more info.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Forma-Magnum

It just struck me that I had not indicated that this error message is apearing when I am accessing BB App World using my laptop. App World indicates to plug in my device (playbook) and then wants the devices password...that is when I get the error msg. A small but potentially important point......  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Forma-Magnum

Hi Krypto,

I did a bit more digging and it appears that you can not connect a Playbook through your computer to App World even though the web page says to do so. Playbooks can only access apps in App World directly. Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Hi Forma-Magnum,

That makes a lot more sense now, and that is correct. That system works for BlackBerry smartphones, but to access App World on the PlayBook, you need to go through the App World on the PlayBook.

Thanks for posting back that you figured it out!

Please use plain text.