Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

crissy22
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

App World wont download Whatsapp on Curve 8520 :(

I had the old version of Whatsapp downloaded on my bb curve 8520 and this morning they told me there was an upgrade so i went to upgrade and it just came up with the msg..'whatsapp messenger is not available for download from App World'

I uninstalled whatsapp to see if it would let me download it again from scratch but it wont, iv tried turning the handset on and off but still nothing?!

can anyone please help?!

Thanks

Crissy

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: App World wont download Whatsapp on Curve 8520 :(

If I were you I would contact Whatsapp support and tell them the content of your message. They will know what is happening and how to send you the upgraded version of the app.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
jkb
My Device: Not Specified

Xandrex wrote:

If I were you I would contact Whatsapp support and tell them the content of your message. They will know what is happening and how to send you the upgraded version of the app.

hi there,

not sure how WhatsApp support can help resolve what is clearly an AppWorld bug.

-- whatsapp support.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

jkb wrote:

hi there,

-- whatsapp support.

The developers have a separate and dedicated support channel into RIM/AppWorld. These forums are merely a user-to-user channel...they are not a user-to/from-RIM channel for support. Consequently, there should be no expectation that any discussion here would result in any action by RIM. For end-users to receive support for and submit issues concerning AppWorld, their formal support channel is what is needed -- and that is provided by the carriers. What I believe Xandrex is suggesting is that the developer avail themselves of their dedicated support channel into RIM to resolve the issue and/or provide the end user with a separate resolution that is outside of AppWorld.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

jkb wrote:

Xandrex wrote:

hi there,

-- whatsapp support.

whatsapp support's aim is to keep the customer satisfied. In that way, if one publishing method does not work, your job is to deliver your application to your customer by nearly any means. Or mayb you just don't care and say "No can no, not my fault. But I keep your money".

On the other hand, WhatsApp is a client of AppWorld StoreFront and as such you have the right to get proper support & services from RIM regarding delivering your applications to your customers. So your best interest is to force RIM into opening a support ticket for you so that they can assign someone to help you with that delivery issue.

Well, that would be how I would see things if I were a software editor using AppWorld.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.