Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
MNAL
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server!

I am still having the same problems even after the "fix"/update. Curve 8320, T-Mobile no BES. OS v4.5.0.81
Please use plain text.
Visitor
capcom

Same problem for me! Use AT&T and just updated my bold to the latest app world 2.8...

Thank you! 

Please use plain text.
Developer
babygodzilla

still having problems as well and i dont have Desktop [IPPP]
Please use plain text.
danrchapman

I have the blackberry 8330m and I'm not on the BES either and im getting the same message as you are. Im guessing its a patch they need to fix up if it isn't working with the bold or lower.

Please use plain text.
duffer7673

I just downloaded the Blackberry App World v1.1.0.15 on my BES activated Blackberry 8820.  I had the same error "connecting to the server".  I tried removing and reloading the app - no luck.  I am attempting this here at the office.  Corporate IT has installed "guest" wifi services that my Blackberry was logged into.  I shut off the WiFi connection forcing it to use EDGE for the server connection and it is working fine now.  I just downloaded the CBS Newsreader.

I suspect with all of the posts on this issue there are multiple causes - hope this helps some of you.

Please use plain text.
Lola30
My Device: Bold 9700

is there a solution for this ??? I'm having trouble trying to download any app 

I didn't have any trouble before the blackberry ID apper then the first time I create a blackberry ID from the celphone didn't have any trouble  but now when I try to login  to download an app I keep getting this error and all my connections are working just fine 

thanks for any help 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AussieChook
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Telstra

I'm having the same problem (in Australia) but am going to try downloading at home where we have WiFi access (am at work). If it solves the problem I'll post a comment tomorrow

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krestall90
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: 02

Yeah I'm having same problem after looking at different sites on internet it seems there's lots of people with the same problem
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chriscox85
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

this is an old thread, but i'm having this problem.  Is there any resolve?

Bold9700

Cincinnati Bell

Please use plain text.
Contributor
snowzilla
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I was experiencing the following error:

"BlackBerry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry AppWorld server. Verify your network connections and try again."

I experienced this for days and weeks on end.  Possibly over a month where I was unable to download new apps or upgrade existing apps.  I was waiting for RIM to address this issue in an upgrade to Blackberry App World.  This is extremely frustrating and it is quite absurd that RIM would not immediately address this.  It is this type of event that pushes us away from RIM and towards the other alternatives on the market.

With that said, this is what I did to solve the problem:

1. Logged into http://www.blackberry.com/blackberryid using my existing ID and password.

2. Changed my e-mail address to an e-mail address that was NOT associated with my PayPal account.

3. Changed my user ID to match the user name of my e-mail address (i.e., username@email.com).

4. Changed my password for good measure.

5. I was then able to login to Blackberry App World through my phone.

I believe the issue in my case is that my PayPal account is a commercial account associated with multiple e-mail addresses.  I was previously using a BBAW e-mail address that was associated with my commercial PayPal account.  I believe by changing my BBAW e-mail address to an e-mail address NOT associated with my commercial PayPal account it corrected the problem.

Try creating another e-mail address NOT associated with your PayPal account and see if that works.

RIM, please correct this stuff before we move over to your competition!  A phone without the ability to download new applications or upgrade existing applications is nearly useless!

Please use plain text.