If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
pittbr
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

App links appearing on screen

Recently I started having "featured" apps show up on my screen at various times of the day. They are extremely annoying. And I am unable to continue with whatever I am doing until I deal with them.

how do i a) keep these from appearing in the first place or b) delete them without having to open them

Any help appreciated..

And if there is a RIM moderator, please have this feature removed if you want people to continue to keep using Appworld... I may have to delete it and just reload it whenever I need something...If that's the only option I'm ready to do it

Bryan

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: App links appearing on screen

This is something that your carrier does, not RIM. They are called virtual preloads. You can delete them from your service book list but they will often reappear. The best you can do is hide them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Also, if the virtual preloads are not the problem then it is likely a 3rd party application you have installed that is generating the ads. Free games from Appworld are full of these types of ads.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pittbr
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

They are ads for apps that are only available from Appworld so I wonder about the carrier suggestion. They look and feel like an Appworld item and stay onscreen until I do something. And there's a fast blinking white notification light which is also very annoying. 

So how do I block them from appearing?  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Appworld does not generate ads outside of AppWorld. If you're getting popup ads then they are generated by an app you have installed.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

pittbr wrote:

And if there is a RIM moderator, please have this feature removed if you want people to continue to keep using Appworld... I may have to delete it and just reload it whenever I need something...If that's the only option I'm ready to do it

Hello,

the moderators on this forum are here to... moderate the "enthusiasm" of some contributors, nothing more. :smileywink:

pittbr wrote:

Recently I started having "featured" apps show up on my screen at various times of the day. They are extremely annoying. And I am unable to continue with whatever I am doing until I deal with them.

how do i a) keep these from appearing in the first place or b) delete them without having to open them

I have had something similar. At first I was furious, but after a while I understood that this could not be evil from RIM. As a matter of fact those feature apps are always the same... they rotate around 4 or 5, and they are all from the same software editor.

so look for the editor of those apps, and from the web store from of AppWorld ( http://appworld.blackberry.com ) do a search to find all the apps released by that software editor. Chances are you have just installed one of them. Uninstall it and you're good to go.

The popup is very clever indeed because, once you click on it, it opens an AppWorld page, which leads to belive that it is an AppWorld popup. But that is not true.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.