Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Trusted Contributor
SGoodman
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

App not showing up in My World

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

I downloaded the Yellow Pages app directly from their mobile web site, and now the app isn't showing up in My World. Is there any way of getting this app to show up in My World, or do I have to delete it, and then download it again through App World?

Shane.

Z10 (version 10.2.1.3442)
LTE Playbook (version 2.1.0.1917)
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: App not showing up in My World

Hello,

MyWorld indeed shows only apps you obtain via AppWorld.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
SGoodman
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I deleted the app, and then installed it through App World. The app is now showing up in My World.

Interestingly, after I reinstalled it, the app had retained all of my settings. I guess it wasn't fully deleted, even though I rebooted.

Any way, the reason I wanted it to appear in My World was because I thought that if I had to transfer to another device, it would be easier if all of the apps were listed in My World. Is this the case? Or do I have it wrong?

Thanks,

Shane.

Z10 (version 10.2.1.3442)
LTE Playbook (version 2.1.0.1917)
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

Nope...you've got it right. If you log into AppWorld/BBID on a different BB, but use those existing credentials, the BB that is registered to AppWorld will shift to the new BB you are then logging in from, and all records in AW will shift to the new BB as well.

• KB17625 How to install or transfer previously purchased applications from BlackBerry App World to a BlackBerry smartphone

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code