Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
graydevil91
My Carrier: singtel

App world network error code 40820

Hi i have issues with App world v3 with an error code 40820 which says they cant connect to the network server. I have tried all the resolutions possible in the support from blackberry but it still dosen't work.

I can view apps to download but i cant access my world or complete downloads. Please help! facebook app had an error message of 100 whereby they couldnt contact server.

I have deleted the facebook app v2 and now the App world v3 still doesn't work. Im using a bold 9900 os7.

Help required urgently!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brinafarrar
My Carrier: verizon

Re: App world network error code 40820

I'm having the same problem since I upgraded from the Tour to the Bold. Hope someone helps us soon.
Please use plain text.
amithmohan
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

I have been facing the same issue with V3 App World and OS 7 on my BB Bold 9900. Is this specific to OS 7 and V3? or to the Bold? I don't see any response from the BB Community/tech support. This is frustrating!!! Someone please help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blogberryhk
My Carrier: PCCW

How did you fix it in the end??

Any solution found in the end?

Please use plain text.
ashishahuja
My Carrier: tata docomo

Evn m facing the same problem..plz help me out
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blogberryhk
My Carrier: PCCW

I sent the device to carrier's service centre, they sent it to RIM, turns out both parties also were not able to to fix it, so they just give me a replacement unit in the end.

So I guess nth can be done on consumer side could fix that...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fyrftd
My Carrier: Verizon

several at http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB28188 - but none work for me (running OS 7.1 now!). 

What does work for me is - turn off cellular and on WiFi - connect to an access point and no error. Don't forget to switch off wifi and on cellular when done!

BTW. App world access problems happened for me (over cellular) with OS 7.0 OEM build on my Torch 9850. Then they (BB/VZW) pushed out a new build and the problem disapeared!!!  Not to leave well enough alone, BB/VZW just made the OS 7.1 available, so I installed it - voila! the problem has reappeared. My corporate help desk said there is nothing in our BES set up that could be blocking it that he can find, so I blame BB/VZW (and there seems no way to contact them re: the KB article to say "where is the fix for OS 7.1?"). 

Please use plain text.
colordancer
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi guys

I had the same problem on my 9900 OS7. And I solved it in this way:

Options - Security - advanced security - TLS - tick "Permit SSL 3.0" and "Permit insecure re..."

Please try. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fyrftd
My Carrier: Verizon

I already have the "Permit Insecure Reneg..." box checked - my issue I think is still buried in conflicts between VZW and my org's BES policies... I still can't get past the error unless I connect via WiFi.

Thanks for the thought and glad to hear it worked for you!

Please use plain text.