Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
als_pdy
My Device: Playbook

App world payment error

This is the first time that I am buying an application using my playbook. I do not think I have bought anything using my smartphone. Every time I tried to purchase an app, it gave 10000 error.

In case of free application, I have no problems downloading them. I also read several of the KB mentioned in the forums - they do not seem to help. I am making payment with my credit card only and not a PayPal account.

Can some one help with a solution?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: App world payment error

Hey Als_pdy,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Please have a look at the follow article found on our BlackBerry® Technical Solution Center website that covers 

BlackBerry® App World (Error ID: 10000):

"There is a problem with your credit card authorization. Please try again or visit blackberry.com/appworld/support for more information. (Error ID: 10000)" appears when an attempt is made to purchase an application in BlackBerry App World
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24454

I hope this helps,

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
als_pdy
My Device: Playbook

Dear hatchback,

I tried what KB24454 suggested, as well as what some other articles mentioned. It is still not working for me. I have also not seen any other user confirm that they have been able to overcome this problem. Can you please suggest what else I can try?

als_pdy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kamalik
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

It doesnt Work. I have tried all the options including paypal. It simply does not work and worst part is RIM is not interested in making BB any better !! Its a shame.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
DonHyde
My Device: BB 9780 & Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

This problem has been around for 2 years and it is unbelievable that it hasn't been fixed yet! The main reason I bought a Playbook for the apps.  Most of the free apps are poor or completely useless.  When I tried to get a paid app I get the 12000 error message.  I have looked at the BB bulletins, but still nothing works.  There is no problem buying everything from soup to nuts over the internet.  I have had no problems with numerous other secure payment systems.  You certainly do not have a problem with buying stuff from Apple or Google over the internet (this is how Apple became the biggest company in the world).  If RIM likes to brag about how secure their system is,  can't they sort this out after 2 years???  If the Digital River service is a 3rd party payment company, get rid of them and replace them with something that works.  It is little wonder that there are few apps written for Blackberry, when the developer can't get anyone to pay for them.

Bottom line:  Could someone from BB let me know ASAPif this long standing problem has been addressed?  If not, I might have enough time to take Playbook back to the store for a refund.  Will also get a new phone when current conttact expires.  Blackberry credibility is on the line here.  Let me know ASAP or I am done with BB.  When I bought the Playbook there was at least a dozen 16 GB Playbooks on the shelf that had been returned by customers.  That should have been a warning that even a a low price, if they don't function they are pretty useless.  It seems like BB doesn't seem too interested in fixing this problem, and prefer to send people on a wild goose chase after credit card companies, etc.  I am not going to open a Paypal account for a $1.99 purchase and it looks like the Paypal option doesn't work half the time either.  If there is any charges on my credit card for apps that i was unable to load, the stuff will really going to hit the fan!  Frustrated.  You bet.  I have wasted hours on something that should not even be an issue.  I had this post half typed and website crashed too, not improving my mood any.

Please use plain text.