Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
pd11
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: App world problem

im having a problem with my app world too

everytime i launch app world, it tells me to update my blackberry id, and wen i do, i have to restart my phone and once i've done that and try to lanch app world, it doesnt open but it is running in the background.

I've deleted and re-installed app world at least 4 times and still doesnt work.

what can i doo?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

[ Edited ]

pd11 wrote :

everytime i launch app world, it tells me to update my blackberry id, and wen i do, i have to restart my phone and once i've done that and try to lanch app world, it doesnt open but it is running in the background.

Hi pd11

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Uninstall App World from your device , On Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Scroll down to App World press the menu key then Delete App World .Once done do a Battery pull restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait for a min. then re - inser it back .

Then from your BlackBerry Browser go www.blackberry.com/appworld and download app world .then perform another Battery pull restart. See if you are able to lunch App World.

If still unable to lunch then I prefer downgrad App World version to 4.0.0.55. before that uninstall App World from the device in the same manner as mentioned above.After a Battery pull restart from your BlackBerry Browser click or go to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3  and download the install the BalckBerry AppWorld veriosn 4.0.0.55. then Restart your Device ,then try again ,I hope it will solve your problem.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pd11

Hi prince
I tried doing what you told me and it still didn't work
What other possible solutions do you have?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

pd11 wrote :

I tried doing what you told me and it still didn't work
What other possible solutions do you have?

Hi pd11

Please give us more details regarding what you did ,Have you tried app world version 4.0.0.55 . Also are you still having problem in BlackBerry ID or it just don't appear on your homescreen or it just don't lunch when you click on it .

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pd11

Ok, let me give u some more info
I have blackberry os 6
Nd I tried downloading app world 4.0.0.55
I see the icon on my homescreen but wen I click on it nothing happens. It is running in the background but does not open at all.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi pd11

Have you done a Battery pull ? Go through this Article of Knowledge Base and I prefer you should try it again to see if that helps ,but remember you should perform a Battery Pull Restart after each action :

KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pd11

K, I did what was recommended on tht forum
It worked for a bit, I launched my app world, got through nd then it updated my blackberry id, restarted my phone as it prompted and then re-launced my app world and it still didn't work.
Then I decided to do a battery pull and that didn't work either

What else can I do??
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

pd11 wrote :

K, I did what was recommended on tht forum
It worked for a bit, I launched my app world, got through nd then it updated my blackberry id, restarted my phone as it prompted and then re-launced my app world and it still didn't work.
Then I decided to do a battery pull and that didn't work either

Hi pd11

If you search the Forums you will notice that most of the user's who were having problem with ver. 4.0.0.63  the common fix is downgrading the App World version and most of them succeded ,But your case seems different  you are able to see App World Icon but  unable to open any of the App World version. As you had already tried a lot can you do a Complete abckup of your device then reload your OS to rule out any Software issue ! 

KB12487 How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows.

ThenKB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

I think you should try that it won't take much time, it might help in resolving the issue.

Prince

Please use plain text.