Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

AppWorld Agonistes - Account ID and Validation - Thank you Forum!

Thanks to the posts made in this space, and 5 hours of deliberate, intense, focused effort, I was FINALLY able to get AppWorld to work for me!  Yay! 

Unfortunately, I couldn't locate the specific individuals who posted helpful workarounds for the AppWorld Plug-In issue.   So this is a general thanks to those helpful users who took the time to post solutions to the problem of not being able to download AppWorld 3rd party apps to the device because of account mismatching or...who knows what?

What a convoluted interface!   I appreciate that BlackBerry needs to be vigilent and manage client security, but surely, you guys can fix this to make it easier for ordinary people to open an account linked to Paypal. 

I must have installed and uninstalled the AppWorld client from my mobile 5 times.  It wasn't until I located the post relating to the 3-step process via Internet Explorer that I began to see daylight on this.  Now I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping you don't update the requirements any time soon....!

After all, we just want the iPhone experience, with the business benefits of Blackberry!  (Not asking for much, eh?) 

Thank you again BB Forum Members for your insightful ideas.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: AppWorld Agonistes - Account ID and Validation - Thank you Forum!

Hello TrueNorthStrong,

as a regular contributor on this forum, I appreciate your message a lot. The feedback from a user that has been successful in solving their issue is paramount to the greatness of this forum.

That being said, I was wondering if you could sum up all what you did in a single message (the working step-by-step procedure) so that someone searching the forum will immediately find your solution?

Thanks in advance, TrueNorthStrong.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Sorry Xandrex, I went offline as a result of a family move....also, my Bold was in the shop for the third time since I bought it last Dec.  Honestly, each time is three weeks with a loaner, which itself has to be set up.  That's countless wasted, irretrievable time lost to backing up, a tedious security wipe, then, leaving it with the service provider, then having to reinstall and revalidate with BES in my employer.... It's just UNBELIEVABLE to me that the vendor will not stand by their product and replace this clearly troubled little item.  I am thinking of telling my tale of woe to that musician who wrote the United Breaks Guitars song to see if he can write one for me!

But, you asked about the step by step for getting thru that BB App World issue.  You know, I am not sure I can put it all together again in the right order, since it was months ago.....I do know that I had to connect the device to the browser interface and go thru a fairly convoluted 3-step effort.   I wonder why the SEO in the community is so bad that I couldn't find the original forum members' content, in order to thank them...? 

Anyway, please give me a bit of time, and I'll see if I can re-create the fix.  It's the best I can do.

Happy Canada Day!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

okay I am waiting for you to try again them.
and about the SEO thing, there is a board on this forum dedicated to asking questions on how to use this forum including the search form. You can post over there but once again, a step-by-step will be helpful to understand what is going on exactly.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: