Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
pejacoby
My Device: Not Specified

AppWorld doesn't know about it's OWN updates?

I've been running .26 and just started having some problems (all apps disappeared from My World).  I had to read through articles here on the Forum to find out there is a .29 available....

Does it strike anyone else as odd that this "application manager" doesn't appear to have any way to manage it's OWN updates?  There's not even a place within the application to view it's own version. 

Come on RIM, there should be an easier way to make sure I'm running the latest AppWorld. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: AppWorld doesn't know about it's OWN updates?

You are right. But I'd rather see RIM allow access to the AppWorld to more than three countries first.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pejacoby

The least RIM could do is list the CURRENT VERSION of App World on the main download page at www.blackberry.com/appworld/download. 

Today I found version .30 was available by reading the Forums again...

Adding a way to find the version number within the App World application itself would also be very useful -- certainly easier than going to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications....  Come on guys, you've got a "Help" page just itching for a "Version: 1.x.x.x" entry!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pejacoby

p.s. for the record:

BlackBerry 8900 (T-Mobile)

v4.6.1.114

BlackBerry App World 1.0.0.30

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

there is another solution, that requires no development : send a newsletter at each new version.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ComputerTimeCO

On the Storm I found the Application Center has App World listed. Press the refresh button to update listed apps. It was a few days late in showing version .30, but it's listed it now.

Regards,

Please use plain text.