Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
RedRiverPete
My Device: Blackbery Tour 9630
Accepted Solution

AppWorld plugin failure

I am trying to download Blackberry Bridge. The recurring message I get is:

"App World Web Plugin Error.An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Web plugin. Please restart your device and try again. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again."

By content protection, I assume they mean encryption. I have verified that encryption is turned off.

I have tried to access AppWorld using Chrome and Firefox. My PC is running Vista.

Any suggestions?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: AppWorld plugin failure

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Aplogies for the delay in replying...but, just in case your issue remains unresolved, here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB29599 AppWorld Web Plug-in Error appears when attempting to install applications from a computer

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
RedRiverPete
My Device: Blackbery Tour 9630

Re: AppWorld plugin failure

The link you directed me to says there is no solution at this time.

Ultimately, I resolved it my getting my phone service provider to tempoprarily change my service plan so that I could install the ap wirelessly.

This type of problem does nothing to instill confidence in Rim.

Thanks for trying, anyway.