07-09-2012 09:22 AM
07-16-2012 07:15 AM
Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.
To better assist you with this issue with BlackBerry® App World, what is the full error message you receive when attempting to open BlackBerry® App World? Or does BlackBerry® App World not respond when selecting the icon?
09-08-2012 04:45 PM
1) – 11) worked for me after I had to fix again the AW issue, i.e. the AW icon is present in the ‘Switch Application’ screen for version 220.127.116.11
1) Using DTM 7 I did a backup of my BB (good to have)
2) Under ‘Tools’ I selected ‘Update’ and then selected ‘View other Versions’
3) Under ‘Update Options’ I selected ‘Install’ current version
4) I then had to wait till I saw the message ‘Your software update is complete’
5) I disconnected my phone and followed the prompts
6) I turned on ‘Mobile network’ and’ WiFi’
7) I held down the menu button and verified the AW icon was not present anymore
8) On the home screen I select the AW icon and followed the prompts, i.e. selected ‘Restart’
9) I repeated 8) and selected ‘Update ID’ and then ’Restart now’
10) I repeated 8) and signed in with my email address
11) I followed the prompts for upgrades and did another restart
I hope the above will work for you too but if you still have issues and need a more detailed procedure you can check out my 3 week old posting here:
This procedure is also known as a ‘wipe’ via DTM. So many apps need to be re-initialized but it does not take that long. At least, the issue is fixed by us users till RIM gets a handle on it. Good luck and remember to click ‘Like’ if this helps or ‘Solution’ if you had success too.