Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
SIAFL
My Device: Not Specified

Application failed to download

I paid for an application and my paypal account was charged.  The download failed.  I tried downloading again but it wants to charge me a second time.  I have placed a claim with Paypal after trying to solve this problem for nearly a month.

To RIM:

Typcially, I keep my personal feeling to myself but in my 13 year career in Tech Support, this is by far the most frustrating expereince I have ever had. 

Firstly, forums are a completely INAPPROPRIATE way to deal with support issues.  Forums are designed for users to share experiences and solve issues as a community NOT a means for corporate support.

Secondly, I have discovered my original post has been removed.  It appears all posts prior to April 1 have been removed.  So, my original request for support has been deleted with absolutely no follow up or correspondence from you.  TERRIBLE customer service.

Lastly, your online form found here: https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic says my PIN is invalid and won't accept my information even though the PIN I entered is indeed what is listed in the Status screen.

You leave no other phone number to call to address this issue unless I am prepared to pay for support to return money that is owed to me. 

Perhaps now that you have had some time to breathe from the thousands of support requests logged within the first few days of your launch you can take the time and refund my $8.59. 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
HighRoad
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Application failed to download

[ Edited ]

Hello SIAFL,

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a problem downloading applications from the App World. The BlackBerry Community Support Forums is a resource for the BlackBerry community to allow BlackBerry users to assist other BlackBerry users. If you are experiencing an issue with App World  you can get support from your wireless provider to open a support ticket. Research In Motion provides support for the installation of the App World client but not the applications themselves, that is up to the developer of the application.

I hope this helps you get your issue resolved. :robothappy:

Message Edited by HighRoad on 04-21-2009 05:02 PM
BlackBerry Certification
Having the Knowledge is One Thing. Demonstrating It is Another
http://www.blackberry.com/certification
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Application failed to download

SIAFL wrote:

Secondly, I have discovered my original post has been removed.  It appears all posts prior to April 1 have been removed.  So, my original request for support has been deleted with absolutely no follow up or correspondence from you.  TERRIBLE customer service.

What was that post about ? not about App World since the application was not available before April 1st. Besides, you registered on April 1st so you cannot have posted prior to that day with that account.

Anyway, I found your other message here, of April 1st:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=applications&message.id=37#M37

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.