Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10

Re: Application stuck in active download

I have seen a post from BlackBerry confirming that they are aware of the problem. The only solution is a security wipe or wait for the next BlackBerry 10 update as either will resolve the issue.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

Got a OS update yesterday but still have 2 apps stuck installing. Big drain on battery so will have to do a security wipe if there is no fix soon. As this is how I got into this situation in the first place I am not too happy about the situation.

I have taken the precaution of transferring my music, photos and videos to my memory card so this should save time if I have to security wipe.

I would also recommend that you re install one app at a time as that appears ro have caused the two apps being stuck during installation.

I will await the next major update to 10.1 later this month and hope that it fixes the problem.
New Contributor
valentineconsult

Found a solution at last on crackberry.com:

"A new workaround has been posted on the BB Knowledge Base:

"Clear the BlackBerry World cache by performing the following steps:

Open BlackBerry World
Swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings
Tap on the Version number listed at the bottom of the screen.
Select Back, and close the application.
Reopen the BlackBerry World application and perform the download once again."

I'm glad they made clearing the cache so obvious! "

By the way, it doesn't appear that tapping the version number is doing anything but it's worked for me after two weeks of being stuck in active download!  Good luck!

Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

Wow, it worked. I could not get the version number to highlight but it worked and the apps download cleared. Problem solved until they provide a full solution. I agree with need a clear cache option in the settings menu.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

The problem with making the clear cache functionality too obvious is that too many people would constantly be hitting it unnecessarily, increasing the load on the servers and slowing things down for everyone...

Note that there's no direct feedback, as you've seen, but if you flip back to the main page immediately you should see that all the images are being reloaded, as an indirect sign that it worked.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
PlayBookUserMT
My Device: Bold 9900

This is what I wrote over in the Beta Zone, I believe it pertains to this issue.

While reading an article at CrackBerry.com, one of the writers mentioned in an interview with a BlackBerry employee, the employee told them that to do a 'hard' or full restart of an application you,

1. open the application,
2. minimize it to the active frame state,
3. then instead of just tapping the 'x' in the bottom right corner of the active frame to close it, you hold the x until the app closes. This does a full restart of the application.

Doing this fixed the issue with an app stuck in the installing state in BlackBerry World. Also I've now got the Bard's tale installed and running properly with no notification left in BlackBerry world :smileyvery-happy:

I messaged @BlackBerryHelp on twitter to provide a fix to this issue. Other than that I don't see where I can comment on the knowledge base to provide solutions.

Now I'm not certain but its possible I tapped the version number at some point and reset the cache. This may have fixed the issue...
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

valentineconsult wrote:

Found a solution at last on crackberry.com:

"A new workaround has been posted on the BB Knowledge Base:

"Clear the BlackBerry World cache by performing the following steps:

Open BlackBerry World
Swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings
Tap on the Version number listed at the bottom of the screen.
Select Back, and close the application.
Reopen the BlackBerry World application and perform the download once again."

I'm glad they made clearing the cache so obvious! "

By the way, it doesn't appear that tapping the version number is doing anything but it's worked for me after two weeks of being stuck in active download!  Good luck!

the article from the KB can be found here:

KB33818 Downloaded applications in BlackBerry World are stuck in an Installing state and cannot be cancelled or removed from the download list

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: