Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
mossross
My Device: 9320 curve smartphone
Accepted Solution

Applications purchase on Blackberry World

Evry time that I've tried to purchase paid apps on my Application World, I've received an error message saying; "There was a problem connecting to the payment system. Your transaction has not been processed. Please try again later". I'm using my network (Vodacom) as my payment and billing method. Can sumone please help me to solve this annoying problem.
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Applications purchase on Blackberry World

Hello mossross and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty with purchasing applications from BlackBerry World.

Have you ever been able to make a purchase billed to your mobile provider or is this the first time you are trying? 

Did you confirm with Vodacom your account has the proper requrements in place for billing to your plan? 

If you were to try with PayPal or a credit card, does this same error appear?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mossross
My Device: 9320 curve smartphone

I've tried several times to buy apps and the same error appears.

I even called Vodacom for help, they keep on telling me that everything seems to be fine(requirements), maybe the problem arises from Blackberry network and advised me to contact Blackberry.

They themselves couldn't help me and they gave me the contact of this other Service Provider (Bango). Bango told me either Vodacom or Blackberry should be able to solve this, but no one could be able to help me still.

I haven't tried PayPal or Credit Card yet as I preffered to make purchases from my Service Provider (Vodacom) from the start.

Thanx for your efforts hmthepirate....

At last its a great pleasure to see that someone is willing to go an extra-mile to help me resolve this problem.
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Can you send me a private message with your device PIN and the email address you are using for your BlackBerry ID?

I will investigate further for you.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
josephobryan1
My Device: Bold 9780

Hello HMthePirate,

You actually write like you know your stuff. How good are you at investigating issues where app world processes a payment directly from your credit card, but never delivers the full app? Submitted reimbursement forms, sent follow up emails and getting nowhere after 4 months looking at an incidence number. Even contacted the vendor and they sent me back to app world.

Any help would be appreciated.

New Contributor
josephobryan1
My Device: Bold 9780

A lot of people try finding solutions to errors themselves. So also wondering why there are so many old unresolved errors on the Rim website like the one below. Are customers really expected to wait since 2011 for a fix or response from the technical team?

Article ID: KB27184
Type: Support Content
Last Modified: 12-15-2011
Resolution-
This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

hmthepirate (not a real pirate, I'm guessing) has helped many people in these forums.  Any information requested by her should be sent ASAP so that your issue can be investigated.

Generally, don't share your personal info here (such as PIN and/or email address) but with a BlackBerry Technical Advisor, you're safe.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
islandreamingma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 2.1

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing the same issues....I have had no problem before now in purchasing apps....using the same method of payment each time. As far as I can tell, there are also others going through the same thing. I, also, have turned to these forums for assistance since BB world does not provide customer service of their own.  People here have always been of great service and I hope this instance is no different. If you run onto a "fix" for this problem, could you please drop me a note....I will do the same. Thanks, and I hope this problem is addressed soon.

BREAKTHRU....at least for me...I hope it might work for you, as well. I kept going through the questions/solutions offered here as well as other places and kind of tried a mish mash. Here are the steps I went through that worked:

*I cleared the cache on Blackberry World following the instructions for playbook....there are different ways to clear it depending on your device.

*Next, I cleared the cache and cookies on my browser and rebooted my tablet...not sure if helped...but did anyway.

*When everything started back up, I pulled Blackberry World back up and pulled down payment options (which was finally able to be accessed) and it showed my correct card information.

*Though it then gave me the option to reenter my credit card information, I was a bit leery about it...so I decided to go ahead and try to purchase the app with the information it must already have had stored....and everything FINALLY worked!!!!!

I hope this works for you!!!!!

siantycoe
My Device: Bold 9790

Hi, i had a problem to purchase a theme in blackberry world too. Before that it's no problem to buy app at blackberry world and i pay my app in the same way thru my carrier telkomsel and always work . But now i can't and always said "an error occured please try again later, invalid configuration value" what is that mean ? And i try again but always error like that. So can you help me to solve my problem and thanks before.