Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Mauro106
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: ATT

Apps and Memory Space

Hello to all. I have a question... I'm having issues with the memory on my 9300... it says that I have 48MB left out of the 250MB... but the problem is that even when I delete an app, very little memory clears. Before I used to have about 150MB available and the device ran perfectly fast and efficien..but now, even with only 3 apps, the device freezes, and is always asking for "memory clearing". I have cleared logs, cookies, close properly the apps...but still ... my memory usage remains high.

Can anyone tell me how to clean up unwanted/un used "things" off of that internal memory to make it run faster? I see "ghost apps" from years ago that are not installed but yet they still remain in the memory.

thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Apps and Memory Space

Hi Mauro106

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

What version OS you have on your device ? Apart from applications it also depends on OS you have installed , if you're having OS6 then obliviously it will consume more memory  then OS5.

If you already have only a few applications installed then you can remove any additional language packs from your device , it will clear a few space and delete any unwanted or old messages from your device, if you are having a media card then make sure media card support is enabled and you are using media card as your default storage for any media files Check those KB which might help :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB05478 Transfer  files  between  the Media card and device memory on a BlackBerry smartphone.

Or you have two options either downgrade your device software to OS5 Or first do a backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software then perform a Clean OS Reload , for that refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.