Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

azzeruk
My Device: bold

Appworld is missing

i have downloaded appworld to my blackberry bold and carnt access it, it is in the phone because i can see it under application management but carnt access it, i have searched every file and folder on the phone and still carnt find it, i have tried everything everyone had told me and still carnt find it, there is no icon but it appears under application management so it is saved to the phone.    How do i access it????????

azzeruk
My Device: bold

Re: Appworld is missing

please help somebody ! ! !!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
oluwaseunoyalade
My Device: Black berry bold 9780

Okay I use a blackberry bold 9780 os 6 bundle 863 version 6.0.0.285 and I clicked on the link above and here is what it said "on BlackBerry 6 OS versions prior to 6.0.0.706 and the App World Icon is not visible, please download and install the BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.55" well the only problem with this solution is that it isn't permanent because if I install this 4.0.0.55 version right now it would be the third time that I have done so, I upgrade my app world the icon disappears I come here re-install the former version and then after a day or two I receive an alert for an upgrade of my app world and I upgrade and it disappears again! Its tiring! Please can a more permanent solution to the issue be given because I have had this issue since the 4.0.0.63 version of app world came out, HELP!!!!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

oluwaseunoyalade wrote:
Okay I use a blackberry bold 9780 os 6 bundle 863 version 6.0.0.285 and I clicked on the link above and here is what it said "on BlackBerry 6 OS versions prior to 6.0.0.706 and the App World Icon is not visible, please download and install the BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.55" well the only problem with this solution is that it isn't permanent because if I install this 4.0.0.55 version right now it would be the third time that I have done so, I upgrade my app world the icon disappears I come here re-install the former version and then after a day or two I receive an alert for an upgrade of my app world and I upgrade and it disappears again! Its tiring! Please can a more permanent solution to the issue be given because I have had this issue since the 4.0.0.63 version of app world came out, HELP!!!!

Hello,

You do know, I hope, one definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting a different result. Until AW moves beyond 4.0.0.63, you should stay behind on 4.0.0.55...the upgrade can be skipped, can it not? That is what you should be doing until AW receives it's next upgrade.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
oluwaseunoyalade

Hi, how nice of you to point that out but in my dictionary its called persistence and everytime I upgrade I do it in trust that RIM having received so much complaint about the same issue would have fixed the problem but sadly not plus you do know what happens when you start ignoring software updates anyways there is a new version of app world "4.0.0.65" and even after skipping the 4.0.0.63 upgrade unto this new one my app world icon is still missing, so what next?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, "persistence" in light of no other changes would result in nothing different...but that whole discussion is moot. Until they update beyond 4.0.0.65, you can expect it to act this way.

oluwaseunoyalade wrote:
plus you do know what happens when you start ignoring software updates

Yes...in this case, it is actually RECOMMENDED to ignore the update, until such time as they update beyond the non-functional (for you) version.

oluwaseunoyalade wrote:
anyways there is a new version of app world "4.0.0.65" and even after skipping the 4.0.0.63 upgrade unto this new one my app world icon is still missing, so what next?

Fall back go the functional version, as documented in the KB.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
oluwaseunoyalade

I hear you but if RIM did not fix the issue in the 4.0.0.63 version and now the 4.0.0.65 version then there is no guaranty that the newest version would be any better
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, if you are looking for guarantees in relation to hardware and software designed and built by humans, I fear you search will be unsuccessful. They have admitted the problem exists in both .63 and .65, and have provided the workaround. All we can do is wait and see if the next version will fix it or not...we cannot predict that outcome, as we have no "insider information".

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
oluwaseunoyalade

Guarantees that it will be perfect? NO but guarantees that my complaints will be listened to and eventually fixed? YES, although they have admitted that the problems exist but the fact that it has not been fixed is disappointing, it would be acceptable if both upgrades had different issues but exactly thesame?