Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: telenor

Appworld problem

Hello, I need some help. I have got bold 9780 and i cant access appworld it says connect to a wireless network although it is connected because browser does browsing fine. And when ever i reboot my phone appworld, facebook etc works fine for a day and after that it starts saying the same thing! 

I also wiped my phone once and phone rebboted so it worked for a day. I also tried deleting and reinstalling the appworld but nothing changed...it again worked for a day because the phone was rebooted !
Please give me a proper and permenant solution for this, i have an unlocked phone and i am not using the BB services, my friends also have got a BB phone and they also dont use BB services but it works fine on their device. If its a software problem then i can get my hone updated infact i have gone once for this n he said thaht ur OS is uptodate, 9780 doesnot support OS 7 but ur bundles ( i dont know what are they) can be updated!

Please reply asap... i'll be waiting for your reply. 

Thank you ! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Appworld problem

Hello and welcome to BlackBerry support community forum.

If you don't subscribe BlackBerry data plan from your mobile service provider then you can use above mentioned applications using Wi-Fi connection only. Some apps works over cellular Internet plan provided that you configure TCT IP settings on your phone as provided by your mobile service provider.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

thanks for your reply sir... but i have told my service p...

thanks for your reply sir... but i have told my service provider to close internet services on my cellphone and they have closed it... i can only only use appworld on my wi-fi connection ( infact i only want to use it on my wifi). But i think problem is different because appworld works fine when ever the phone is restarted and after a day it starts giving an error that " we cant connect to BB app world. Please ensure that your device is connected to a wireless network and try again ". this is the error it keeps giving untill and unless i reboot the device. 
I have first time switched to a BB phone and i dont know what to do with this mysterious issue !
Consider that i am using this device without a sim card and i am getting this problem with the device

Thanks for your co-orporation and i'll be waiting for a solution! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

Re: thanks for your reply sir... but i have told my service p...

What version of App World are you using? You can check that from Options > Device > Application Management > App World.

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

its 4.0.0.65  i think its the latest ! :/

its 4.0.0.65 
i think its the latest ! :/

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

Re: its 4.0.0.65  i think its the latest ! :/

In that only option left for you to considering reinstalling your device OS. Apps like, App World, facebook, twitter etc are capable of utilizing Wi-Fi network and they work pretty well I tried even yesterday. Only device OS refresh might be able to help you out.

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

Hmm thats the last option i think left for me because i t...

Hmm thats the last option i think left for me because i tried reinstalling appworld, wiping phone but still no change...
Its a weird problem browser works fine on wi-fi at any situation and appworld works on wi-fi only when the phone is rebooted (works for a day ).

And thanks for your help. 

Is bold 9780 upgradableto OS 7 ?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

Re: Hmm thats the last option i think left for me because i t...

waqar_aziz wrote:

Hmm thats the last option i think left for me because i tried reinstalling appworld, wiping phone but still no change...
Its a weird problem browser works fine on wi-fi at any situation and appworld works on wi-fi only when the phone is rebooted (works for a day ).

And thanks for your help. 

Is bold 9780 upgradableto OS 7 ?

Bold 9780 supports OS 6.0 only.

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nanawagzi
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: don't know

Re: Appworld problem

I am using a bb torch and I can't seem to find the Blackberry App World icon eventhough it says its installed,all I see is that it isn't running,how do I get it to run
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
waqar_aziz

Re: Hmm thats the last option i think left for me because i t...

Hey there tanzim ! :smileyhappy:
i tried a software refresh also for my phone but the problem is still there!! any ideas ?!
Please use plain text.